Found an oil leak

Are you sure its not oil vapour that's coming from the tail? I had an old golf that started to do that, then I would notice on hard acceleration it was blue and was the cause of my mysterious oil usage. If it's just a lot of water vapour at temperature it would indicate coolant usage, but then this would smell sweet and you would have bigger problems as well.

There is a walk through here regarding the intake valve clean http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/509355-B8-A4-2-0-TFSI-DIY-Carbon-Intake-Valve-Cleaning

I reckon the valves are gunked up + intake/throttle could be covered with blow-by oily vapour causing the judder on idle. As for the oil usage, I think its blowing past the piston rings. Can you pull out the coils from the head and tell us if you notice oil on them? Also a little more info on your car, mileage and grade of oil in there currently.

It's strange the amount of steam coming out is a lot, I usually see it when reversing but it's not much less than when you just start the car when it's cold like you would expect

One thing that doesn't help is the blue tint mirrors lol but I'm pretty confident to say it's just white steam when I see it out of the Windows

Ok thanks for the advice

More info on my car

2.0 tfsi 2007

Undercover ex police full service history

Oil used is 5w30 i believe castrol fully symph

So the next easiest thing for me to check would be oily coils? Failing that I should get it compression tested?

Yes, do try to check for the oily coils, it might not be completely noticeable until you remove the spark too. If you look at the condition of the sparks, it will also give you indication of what the conditions are inside the chamber. You can post pictures up here too if you want a second opinion.

The oil grade looks good. The car might have seen better days though. I assume it was chipped/mapped whilst used by the blues. Consider getting the compression test done.

It's strange the amount of steam coming out is a lot, I usually see it when reversing but it's not much less than when you just start the car when it's cold like you would expect

One thing that doesn't help is the blue tint mirrors lol but I'm pretty confident to say it's just white steam when I see it out of the Windows

Do you have a OBD tool which you can plug in and view the idle and load stats? In particular the lambda values.

Yes, do try to check for the oily coils, it might not be completely noticeable until you remove the spark too. If you look at the condition of the sparks, it will also give you indication of what the conditions are inside the chamber. You can post pictures up here too if you want a second opinion.

The oil grade looks good. The car might have seen better days though. I assume it was chipped/mapped whilst used by the blues. Consider getting the compression test done.

Do you have a OBD tool which you can plug in and view the idle and load stats? In particular the lambda values.

ive actually had it mapped myself with a blue fin map to 240bhp

i only have a basic scanner for engine code erasing im not certain is can do that

You can check through the various groups when you run the free version of vcds. It will have engine stats. Give it a try and see if you can view them.

You can check through the various groups when you run the free version of vcds. It will have engine stats. Give it a try and see if you can view them.

when i say i have a scanner it's literally one that has its own program, i havent got anything that can connect to a pc or anything like that

Well I looked into my scanner a bit and it does actually have live data

I took a few pics of each screen 9 in total, will upload after

I'm not sure if it will be much use it seemed just like jargen talk to me

Edited by lDanl