Android head unit

aholloway21

So selling my android head unit.

I bought this new from AutoPumpkin about 3-4 months ago.

It got used in my car for about a month and then taken out as the Miss's couldn't figure out how to use it and she was using my car more than I was.

It's since been sat in it's box looking lonely, so it's time to find it a new home!

Genuinely a great piece of kit. Looks great as it's a flush fit full panel screen, and you can load any app you want on it from the android store.

This a is a direct fit device, no cages or surrounds needed. It replaces and fits the original radio on a number of skoda models. If you have a swing/Amundsen/Columbus this will be direct fit. But do your homework first to make sure.

When I purchased this, it was the newest version you could buy. Having a look at the site I think that's still the case in this style of unit.

Comes with everything originally sent, all cables etc and also a reversing camera that I paid extra for but never got around to fitting.

I purchased this for about £300 as a kit including the camera, sell price @ £200 collected from Reading.

I can meet locally if required.

Happy to send on a courier as well, but this will be at your cost and liability.

a0ac676b96683c37fa4c049ad1a1fdf6.jpg

55fb2a89e209888cbf9d87d655c68b60.jpg

7cab15345d64884e5b29c837c6cbee61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the sound quality like

I thought it was surprisingly good.

The built in equaliser was a bit hit and miss, but as its android you can just load a new one on which is what I did.

Little bit of playing and I had what I considered a decent sound quality upgrade from the factory unit.

Does this one have DAB capability?

There is a dab app preloaded on there. However I think it requires an add on unit from autopumpkin to work.

I didn't use it, I just used a wifi hotspot from my phone and ran tunein on the head unit.

Am I right in thinking this doesn't have a volume knob at all?

That's correct, there are no physical buttons.

You do have a number of soft buttons on the left for power and app shortcuts.

Volume can either be done from the screen or from steering wheel controls.

Interested as have android phone but will it show up the screen functions as the car reverse and the temp settings ect? I have columbus with the auto polar in the car and sort thru functions on that?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...