Battery

robby

Does anyone know if the battery is covred under warranty? - mine has died (almost - i have to jump start it now)

Cars 1.5 years old and done 34k - i know aftermarket batteries usually have a 3 year / 100k warranty

Called into dealers - rebooked for tommorow morning

They say it's covered under warranty but have to make sure it is the battery at fault - well at least it's saved me a few quid at halfords :)

What a waste of time :mad: - car had to be left all morning and when i went to collect it i was asked why there's a wire to the battery.

I told them it was a live lead for the stereo (alpine 4x60w) which has to be wired direct, i was then told it was the stereo draining the battery?

I said this stereo has been on 7 or 8 previous cars i've had and wired the same way (as alpine instructs) and have never had this problem, i said the only drain from the stereo when the keys are out is for the station memory (should be same as standard stereo?) - and that was that

So every 2 days if i don't start the car i'm gonna have a flat battery - now why hasn't it done this before (been ok for last 3 months since i fitted stereo)

Measure the current to the stereo with a "Maplins Special" (£2 or £3) multimeter. Not horrendously accurate, but it'll give you an indication of how much of a drain the stereo is. Post the result here if you're not sure how to interpret it yourself.

Well just been out to check after 2 days of car being parked in garage and - flat battery :(

I've taken fuse out from between battery and stereo so there's no current going through the wire so if it's flat again tommorow i'll know it's not the stereo wont i?

hi, i think the dealer is fobbing you off , if you bought the battery from this dealer and you are pretty sure it is faulty surely the dealer must have some sort of equipment for testing the battery 1.5 years battery life is not good enough in my opinion although life expectancy does vary depending on the make and quality of the battery , i would go back and argue it out with them if you are sure it is faulty and tell them you want it testing it sounds like it might have faulty cell/s , good luck .