alarm going off and fan going.

hi, having a bit of trouble with my 07 VRS. ( BWA ) 

found at 0030h last night the alarm was going off ... when I got to the car the hazards were flashing and the fan was going off.  so i unlocked and re locked the car ( and said good night to it )  car seemed ok.

In the morming I find the fan was still cutting in and out and the battery is  flat.

The main fuse box cover was left off ( as I was working on the aircon system ... but thats another post ! )  and it was raining when i used the car later in the day.

I need help and advice please

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Air flow from the fan will make the seatbelts move slightly.
Has happened for me a couple of times when the Webasto starts on a fixed time, and the full alarm has been left on.
This is from the installation guide for the Webasto:

"On vehicles with anti-theft alarm, the passenger compartment monitoring system must be deactivated.
For information on deactivation, please see
the vehicle owner's manual."

Cannot help you with the reason your fan starts thou.

Hi and many thanks for the reply. The fan that cuts in is the main radiator cooling fan.

I think you are describing the interior fan ( actually your description sounds quite interesting and worth remembering)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nephew had a similar problem on his '59 plate Fiesta when the engine fan remained on permanently. A quick search on the web revealed that the 70amp relays were prone to sticking, so we replaced that and it cured it.

Don't know if the Octy is prone to similar problems, but could be worth a try ??

• Like 1

Ibe taken out and cleaned the fuse box. It had some water in it. .. cooked the fused box for 30 mins in the oven at 80 c. .. hopefully thats sorted it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My fan would kick in when I had turned the car off which would drain the battery which in turn set my alarm off, which drained my battery, pattern here...

I searched on here and someone had the same problem and the answer was.... Had you washed the engine and maybe got the external fuse box wet? I thought yes I have rinsed my engine bay.... The answer was too dry out the external fuse box. They said try a hair dryer on it, which I did and after getting some weird looks from the neighbours I put that away, then I sprayed the fuse box with some electrical spray which I got from Halfords. This sorted my problem out. No idea if it was the hair dryer or electrical spray which fixed it but it was fixed... Hope you get it sorted

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dpearce