Charity rally in a £500 Octavia VRS - Progress being made!

Right folks, just 4 sleeps now until I embark on the epic TWIN TOWNS CHALLENGE as team ROADHAWKS

http://www.twintown16.co.uk/ 

We've been busy behind the scenes and we now have our blog up with progress on our £500 car to track Demon tranformation https://atomhawk.wordpress.com/

Last time be did this event in 2014 in a 728i BMW but this time we were lucky enough to score a non runner Octavia VRS for £500.

The car was overall very good and worth a lot more than that, but it had developed an electrical fault preventing it from starting just a couple of days before the MOT ran out.

So the owner decided to cut his loses and buy a new car and put this up for sale on the forum, late last year. A deal was done and we had it towed home to Newcastle.

It turned out that the car's ECU had failed due to water ingress caused by a badly fitting rain tray under, a new ECU, a track rod end and a couple of brake pipes later and we had a running car with a fresh 12 months MOT!

skoda-cropped.jpg

img_4237.jpg?w=1000&h=&crop=1

• Like 1

The E38 was a pretty sickly motor. Engine was solid as you'd expect but the body was very corroded and the fuel tank rotted through. I sold it to a fellow Corrado forum member, who drove it to the Nuremberg ring and back.....sadly it died in Birmingham city centre RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers folks. We've already hit a snag. On the way out it started misfiring badly and after a vag com session it looks to be a coil pack. I am literally writing this in the queue at Euro Car Parts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk