Electric windows + Air con failed VCDS results help

A while back my electric windows failed during heavy rain. a few weeks later they started working again then failed again the other week after more rain.

if i unplug the passenger door the plug it back in the passenger side works for a few minutes before packing in again. drivers door doesnt work at all. if i put the key in the lock and turn to shut the windows this does not work either.

VCDS come up with

Address 09: Cent. Elect.       
   Part No: 6Q1 937 049 E
   Component: 0000 BN-SG.         1S35  

1 Fault Found:
01117 - Generator Terminal DF Load Signal
            27-00 - Implausible Signal

Could this just be damp in the module from the rain. want to have an idea before i start ripping the door card off.

a few days ago my air con also stopped working theres no click when i turn it on and after putting a guage on the fill port it shows 100psi which doesnt drop like it is supposed to when the engine is turned on and the air con is turned on. air con light comes on.  VCDS came up with this.  the cam bet was dont not to long ago so im hoping its just a loose wire and not the compressor clutch. any info would be great before i take the belly pan off the car.

Address 08: Auto HVAC        Labels: 6Q0-820-045.lbl
   Part No: 5J0 820 045

1 Fault Found:
00898 - Control Circuit A/C compressor
            30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

thanks for any help in advance

Anthony

Have a look at the engine area fuse box at the front where all the heavy cables are bolted in and make sure none look "wrong" ie melted or discoloured.

John

Assuming (!) some similarities with mk1 Fabia; there may be a few connectors on a bracket on the front of the gearbox. Two of these connectors are associated with alternator signal wiring and AC compressor wiring. Broken wires near/at these connectors are very common and give codes like you're seeing. Best visibility from underneath, possibly through a rectangular orifice in engine undercover that might be a cooling vent for the gearbox.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info wino. Found both the alternato load wire and the ac pump wire are not connected anymore. They have rotted through. Gonna rewire them over the top of the headlights to keep the dry.

Niw just these pita windows to repair now.

• Like 1