What is the bog standard WLAN for?

What is the bog standard WLAN for?

I set my fruit based mobile phone to be a personal hotspot then connected the car to it (WLAN). Why would I do that? will my life be better?

Note it's not the premium options - just the off the factory line bog standard superb WLAN. (sorry if this has been asked before, I've seen various WLAN threads but could work out the answer)

Edited by nthurrzzz

In its broadest terms as I understand it you are making your phone the hotspot for a wireless local area network (WLAN)so others in the car can connect their phones/tablets/laptops and get out into the internet via your phones network. This will use your data so may incur charges depending on your data tariff or how much data you have.

If I'm totally wrong ignore but that is how it comes over in my head :)

Edited by Defenderben

You can connect to a media server to stream video/music/pics.

Just a different method instead of using bluetooth/usb or whatever to access your own media files really.

• Like 1