Bike Insurance Renewal Time - Let The Game Commence!

FUBAR

It's that time of year again, a month until renewal and first off I try GoCompare for a base price for Fully Comp, Protected NCD, Breakdown, Lid & Leathers cover etc. Cheapest so far is as per usual MCE by a long way at £95 or £116 depending on what they define my fortress shed as (will require a phone call). But my current insurers will match/beat anything I can get so fingers crossed they do the same this time as if I can get it for under £100 I'd be happy enough, it's been YEARS since my bike insurance was under £100 ffs! 

ps at moment via Quidco I can get £20 cashback for taking out a policy through GoCompare......... hummmmmmmm £75 seems like a winner right there, not sure my lot will even come close to entertaining matching that. 

Edited by FUBAR

It's that time of year again, a month until renewal and first off I try GoCompare for a base price for Fully Comp, Protected NCD, Breakdown, Lid & Leathers cover etc. Cheapest so far is as per usual MCE by a long way at £95 or £116 depending on what they define my fortress shed as (will require a phone call). But my current insurers will match/beat anything I can get so fingers crossed they do the same this time as if I can get it for under £100 I'd be happy enough, it's been YEARS since my bike insurance was under £100 ffs! 

ps at moment via Quidco I can get £20 cashback for taking out a policy through GoCompare......... hummmmmmmm £75 seems like a winner right there, not sure my lot will even come close to entertaining matching that.

I went to Carole Nash this year because the call taker was happy to discount when I pushed him on phone

• Like 1

Under £100 for a 600 sports is truly fantastic but £136 for a Superbike is unbeatable.

Ah the benefits of age and a North East postcode!

Declared exhaust, tail tidy, hugger, indicators and I think that's all off top of my head. Cost me £85 for my 2nd year ever riding on a ZZR600 which is the same engine just not bored out that extra 36/37cc. ZZR1400 was mega modified and cost me about €700 in Holland as a foreign rider on a UK bike (ZZR1200 before that cost more strangely), UK quotes were about £300. Z1000SX in UK was outrageous though at £600 odd for parking on drive £123 if in the garage. GSXR1000 (2nd bike) was like £239 I think after the ZZR600. 

Current underwriter is happy to consider my shed as garaged and the one before was happy to call it parked inside a locked building. Need to hit up MCE to see what they think. Last time I had a policy with them they wanted pictures of it in the garage all locked up showing reg and pic of my licence ncd etc immediately. If I simply renew with whatever price they come up with, it would save all that hassle. Got until 31st to get that £20 cashback offer via quidco and insurance due on 27th June so will give it a couple of days and make the call see if they will try and match or not. 

I insured with MCE last November, passed my test the same week. I have a Yamaha Fazer 1000 which is garaged. Cost me £160 which was cheaper than other by £50. Heard a few horror stories of documents not issued etc and hard to contact. Had no problem my self but with all insurance companies the trouble normally starts when you make a claim !

I insured with MCE last November, passed my test the same week. I have a Yamaha Fazer 1000 which is garaged. Cost me £160 which was cheaper than other by £50. Heard a few horror stories of documents not issued etc and hard to contact. Had no problem my self but with all insurance companies the trouble normally starts when you make a claim !

i've been with MCE for about 5 years in a row now i think. 

They've always been spot on with me tbh. I read the horror stories too on my first year with them, but the next insurer down was quite alot more, so i took the plunge. 

Never had an issue, always been easy enough to contact, got some nice girl when i bought the VFR and transferring from the SV policy, n it was £150 more for the rest of the year. Without me saying anything, she said 'hang on, you're not paying that much' came back a few minutes later and said '£20 sound okay?'. Yes, yes it does! 

I've only really positive things to say! 

• Like 2

My renewal has come through at near £200..... GTFO! Still having bother getting through to MCE to ask which frigging option they would like me to select for where its kept so I can get an accurate quote and call my insurer up and give them their one and only chance. 

Lexham came up at £9764.47 without breakdown cover, think I won't bother with them. Might call for a more tailored quote for a laugh!  

MCE now refusing to quote me online at all ARGHHHHHHH Got my current insurers renewal down to £157 (£110 if I ditch my gear cover)... is a good company to go through and offer me real breakdown cover inc in ROI which is quite sensible and no limit on riding there or need to inform in advance etc. If I could get them to add commuting to it at that price i'd almost do it for convenience as I am going to be shafted out of my £20 cash back having to call MCE at the very least. 

Edited by FUBAR

End of the excitement as the dust is settling, I have chinned off my current insurer and gone to mce... Current insurers final renewal letter just came via email in pdf format with a pointless password on it, they want to increase my premium from last years by £!50 and have removed my gear cover on the sly to keep it under £300!!! They gave me a subnote advising me that I could lower this by having 3rd party only, getting rid of my breakdown cover (£26) and lowering my annual mileage (3000-4000). MCE final price £123.21 after I got them to change my storage from brick to wooden and commuting added. Will have to do.  

• Like 1