Headlamp Wash Delay?

I was looking for the coding to disable the headlamp washers ( or increase the number of times after which they operate), as having the bonnet/roof covered in blue fluid  was really getting to me.
However, on a German coding site I found what I THINK  may be a way to delay the operation without resorting to either of the two above options. If my translation is right, I think this stops the HL washers operating if the stalk is released before a preset number of seconds.  But perhaps one of our German members, if there are any, could properly translate this:

Verzögertes Ansprechen der Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage für die Frontwaschanlage 

Im Bordnetzsteuergerät haben Sie die Möglichkeit beim Skoda Octavia III 5E die Verzögerungszeit zum Anpsrechen der Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage zu verlängern. Somit wird die Frontwaschanlage der Scheinwerfer später angesteuert und somit Wischwasser gespart.

diese Codierung ist anzuwenden:

STG 09 (Bordnetz) auswählen
STG Zugriffsberechtigung -> Funktion 16
Freischaltcode 31347 eingeben
STG Anpassung -> Funktion 10
(2) Frontscheibenwischer-SRA Verzögerungszeit auswählen
Wert entsprechend nach Wunsch anpassen
Defaultwert: 0 ms
Beispielwert: 1500 ms

Am I right or a meringue? 

Edited by FnkyMnky

Put the first bit into translate

Delayed activation of the headlight cleaning system for the front washer

In the network control unit there is the Skoda Octavia III 5E to extend the delay time for Anpsrechen the headlamp cleaning system . Thus, the front headlamp washing is later driven and thus saving cleaning water.

Vediese coding is applied :

select STG 09 (vehicle power )

STG Access Permission -> Function 16

Enter unlock code 31347

STG adjustment - > function 10

( 2 ) Select a windshield wiper - SRA delay

Adjust Value accordingly as desired

Default value : 0 ms

Example value : 1500 msrzögertes response of the headlight cleaning system for the front washer

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

Thanks Defenderben.
They do say "Google is your friend".

Google Translate is the same friend after 10 pints and 6 shorts.

I managed to decipher Google's effort too, I just wondered if my theory adjusting the delay time and releasing the stalk before the set time was accurate.

Put the first bit into translate

Delayed activation of the headlight cleaning system for the front washer
In the network control unit there is the Skoda Octavia III 5E to extend the delay time for Anpsrechen the headlamp cleaning system . Thus, the front headlamp washing is later driven and thus saving cleaning water.

Vediese coding is applied :
select STG 09 (vehicle power )
STG Access Permission -> Function 16
Enter unlock code 31347
STG adjustment - > function 10
( 2 ) Select a windshield wiper - SRA delay
Adjust Value accordingly as desired
Default value : 0 ms
Example value : 1500 msrzögertes response of the headlight cleaning system for the front washer

• 3 weeks later...

So, I tried the above, adjusting the default to 2500ms and the headlamp washers have not come on in the last 18 washes. That'll do for me.

The headlamps do wash if the stalk is held down longer than that.

Edited by FnkyMnky