Spaceback sun/privacy screens

I'm on the hunt for some fitted screens for the Rapid Spaceback and struggling! 

I've done a forum search and that's thrown up a few companies but having contacted them they don't do anything for the spaceback. I've found one site (but can't find it again today) but that was all in German and not totally sure it was for the Spaceback.

Anyone got some? 

I've also looked at this, and the only ones I've found had been for the standard Rapid (so they won't fit the Spaceback). It would appear that no Spacebacuk-Specific shades currently exist.

Chris

Given the car has been on sale for two and a half years and nobody has produced shades for it, there doesn't seem to be much of a hurry sadly among manufacturers. You might be better off having the rear windows tinted instead.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Listing clearly says Spaceback, so would go ahead and buy if I were you.

I have flagged that eBay listing and will probably have a set next month. Have had too much to lay out for this month already to justify the spend, but do want a set.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

What others? If I'm correct... others are for liftback...

Exactly. For most cars can pick up a set for £65, but £130 for the spaceback. Would snap up a set at £65, but kinda begrudge paying over double.

Have you tried alibaba / aliexpress???

Now that the SB style is on sale in China there must be no end of aftermarket parts for it, if you look in the right marketplace.

I have found Spaceback stuff on alibaba but the car is also to be sold in China as the VW Gran Santana so I would base accessory searches on that too.

Edited by camelspyyder

Have you tried alibaba / aliexpress???

Now that the SB style is on sale in China there must be no end of aftermarket parts for it, if you look in the right marketplace.

I have found Spaceback stuff on alibaba but the car is also to be sold in China as the VW Gran Santana so I would base accessory searches on that too.

With a different boot is the rear window going to be the same?

No - the rear window glass profile is different between the Spaceback and normal Rapid. Rear door glass is also a different shape.

With a different boot is the rear window going to be the same?

The VW New Santana is a sedan version - no hatch at all.  The VW Gran Santana is the same body as the Spaceback as far as I can see.

http://www.autorevue.cz/skoda-rapid-spaceback-dostane-cinske-dvojce-bude-to-vw-santana

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/04/vws-new-gran-santana-is-funny-little.html

Edited by camelspyyder

The VW New Santana is a sedan version - no hatch at all.  The VW Gran Santana is the same body as the Spaceback as far as I can see.

http://www.autorevue.cz/skoda-rapid-spaceback-dostane-cinske-dvojce-bude-to-vw-santana

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/04/vws-new-gran-santana-is-funny-little.html

Boot has some differences - so wouldn't like to say for sure that the glass is the same...... Is the window the same if you've got the glass roof?

vw-gransantana-livepics-3.JPG

skoda-rapid-spaceback.2000x1333.Jul-16-2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so have requested to cancel that order, as after all that I found them on Amazon!

Couple of quid cheaper than ordering from eBay and should be here Wednesday instead of 'July'. Just hope they see the cancel request :)

Amazon link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M71JCCM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Edited by Sam@

• 9 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread -

After doing a bit of research, I believe the ones people have been ordering are ClimAir SonniBoy ones.

Even though no UK sellers seem to stock them, I decided to give ClimAir UK a call (http://www.climairuk.com/).

After initially telling me there was nothing available, I told them about European sites listing them and a product number.  They were able to special order a set for £131.99.  I also mentioned they should start listing them on their site.

Thought it may be useful info if anyone else is looking for a set.

Edited by naxtek

Ah damn it.

I think they must be very new as I looked quite recently and don't recall them being listed.

Also, they're not listed as ClimAir / SonniBoy so must be another manufacturer?

Last year I bought the ClimAir ones that Sam@ linked on Amazon (bought from Amazon for £105).

They are good, just wish they had a storage bag for when not on the car. Original box is flimsy so not a good option. 

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted my shades this morning. Was very impressed at how easy it was to fit the clips and how well everything fits together. 

Some pics. As you will see it doesn't hinder visibility. 

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_4001.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisgreen said:

I fitted my shades this morning. Was very impressed at how easy it was to fit the clips and how well everything fits together. 

Some pics. As you will see it doesn't hinder visibility. 

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_4001.JPG

A tip for anyone else looking at these - initially when I fitted ours there was a gap at the top of the back window one, meaning a tiny but annoying sliver of bright sunlight could make its way through.

I played around with it and found placing the 2 provided clips further apart closed up the gap.  Initially I did them about equal distance (like this ----|----|----  which is how it looked on the instructions) but moving them outwards with a bigger gap in the centre fixed the issue (a bit like this ---|------|---).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...