PalmerSport

VRS_Dan

• 1 month later...

Only just seen this - I'm there for the evening session this Friday 8th! Not sure if there are still spaces left - let me know if you decide to go on Friday as well.

Sorry mate, was away for the week.

How was the session?

I went on one of these PalmerSport days quite a few years back. All I can say is – WOW!!!

One of the best driving experiences I’ve ever had…..

The pro-drivers on the day pushed us hard to find speed and test the cars to the limit.

Also got downloads of driving telemetry on the single seater race I won too!

I want to do it again…. When I can get numbers to book it…. Maybe a big birthday sometime soon!

Cars at the time included:-

Renault Clio Cup racers

Jaguar XKR’s

Porsche JP3’s

Formula Palmer-Audi single seater

The early JP-LM 2-seaters

They try and update the cars on offer and have some "add-on" options too i believe.

All in all - a day i'll never for get :thumbup:

• Like 1

You are definitely persuading me to book!

I was originally looking at the morning programme but something is telling me to book the full day and say what the hell to the money, it is for my 30th after all!

• Like 1

You are definitely persuading me to book!

I was originally looking at the morning programme but something is telling me to book the full day and say what the hell to the money, it is for my 30th after all!

Without a doubt - i would book it.... plus enjoy the full day of it as well.

We had some rain middle of the day - but it didnt spoil the experience at all.

I still have my PalmerSport pack from the day, some pictures, the trophy and the telemetry print for my fasted lap.

The telemtry has an overlay of the pro-drivers fastest lap, to allow you to compare your driving. Not sure if they still do this?

They are little things compared to the whole experience of the day - but momentos i still treasure from the event!

It's a well organised day, some great cars in the latest lineup and an unforgettable days driving... :thumbup:

Without a doubt - i would book it.... plus enjoy the full day of it as well.

We had some rain middle of the day - but it didnt spoil the experience at all.

I still have my PalmerSport pack from the day, some pictures, the trophy and the telemetry print for my fasted lap.

The telemtry has an overlay of the pro-drivers fastest lap, to allow you to compare your driving. Not sure if they still do this?

They are little things compared to the whole experience of the day - but momentos i still treasure from the event!

It's a well organised day, some great cars in the latest lineup and an unforgettable days driving... :thumbup:

Did you go solo or part of a group? I will be going on my own and don't want to feel like I'm the only guy that doesn't know anyone else.

• Like 1

Did you go solo or part of a group? I will be going on my own and don't want to feel like I'm the only guy that doesn't know anyone else.

I went with a mate for the event - but i didnt know anyone else there;

In reality after breakfast and you crack on with the day.... it wasnt an issue!!

I went with a mate for the event - but i didnt know anyone else there;

In reality after breakfast and you crack on with the day.... it wasnt an issue!!

Sweet, no worries then. Much the same as when I went on a Prodrive day when they used to run these at their track in Warwickshire

• Like 1

Sweet, no worries then. Much the same as when I went on a Prodrive day when they used to run these at their track in Warwickshire

If i had the sniff of a chance to go again matie - i would without a 2nd thought!

I love my cars and i enjoy driving..... being able to try the PalmerSport car line-up

and race all the small circuits around the Bedford Autodrome is a superb experience!!!

• Like 1

If i had the sniff of a chance to go again matie - i would without a 2nd thought!

I love my cars and i enjoy driving..... being able to try the PalmerSport car line-up

and race all the small circuits around the Bedford Autodrome is a superb experience!!!

Sold..........you're not working for their marketing team are you..... :D

• Like 1

Sold..........you're not working for their marketing team are you..... :D

I wish i was mate - i wish i was.....

No matter what the cost - the PalmerSport day is up there as one of the best days ever!

I've tried a couple of times to arrange another group outing - but the cost does put a lot of people off.

Let us know how it goes. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I wish i was mate - i wish i was.....

No matter what the cost - the PalmerSport day is up there as one of the best days ever!

I've tried a couple of times to arrange another group outing - but the cost does put a lot of people off.

Let us know how it goes. :thumbup:

ill do mate, definitely a special occasion day out otherwise i'd do it more often!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went to this amazing event yesterday and what can I say!! This is well worth every penny of what it costs which initially seems high but when you look at the infrastructure and set up, the class of the instructors and the facilities, you can certainly see you get what you pay for.

From signing in to leaving through the door you are welcomed by the always helpful and polite staff, nothing is too much trouble for them and they are always happy to help or answer any question.

And the cars, wow! Great choice of car, variety and the instructors cater for all abilities so all are welcome.

The catering and the hospitality is second to none. The food is lovely, drinks in every hospitality suite at each track side; who could ask for anything more?!

This is a once in a lifetime day out that I will be doing again, it is infectious and addictive, I truly loved it.

There is no pressure to push the car if you don't want, likewise no pressure about winning the event, that is just down to your own competitiveness which mine may have been greater if I was in a group.

This is clearly geared for corporate days but individuals (like me) where made to feel equally welcome.

All in all, one amazing day that I will not forget. I look forward to doing this event again, just not too soon.

• Like 1

I went to this amazing event yesterday and what can I say!! This is well worth every penny of what it costs which initially seems high but when you look at the infrastructure and set up, the class of the instructors and the facilities, you can certainly see you get what you pay for.

From signing in to leaving through the door you are welcomed by the always helpful and polite staff, nothing is too much trouble for them and they are always happy to help or answer any question.

And the cars, wow! Great choice of car, variety and the instructors cater for all abilities so all are welcome.

The catering and the hospitality is second to none. The food is lovely, drinks in every hospitality suite at each track side; who could ask for anything more?!

This is a once in a lifetime day out that I will be doing again, it is infectious and addictive, I truly loved it.

There is no pressure to push the car if you don't want, likewise no pressure about winning the event, that is just down to your own competitiveness which mine may have been greater if I was in a group.

This is clearly geared for corporate days but individuals (like me) where made to feel equally welcome.

All in all, one amazing day that I will not forget. I look forward to doing this event again, just not too soon.

Nice little review mate - really glad you enjoyed it and felt it was indeed "worth every penny".

I for one certainly knew you would love it.... and i would love to go back and do it all again!

Any pics of the day? What was your car of the day? Any "scary" moments and in what car? :giggle:

Cheers,

Ste.

• Like 1

Nice little review mate - really glad you enjoyed it and felt it was indeed "worth every penny".

I for one certainly knew you would love it.... and i would love to go back and do it all again!

Any pics of the day? What was your car of the day? Any "scary" moments and in what car? :giggle:

Cheers,

Ste.

Yeah got some pictures but they are only on my phone and Facebook at the minute; not sure hot to upload them properly on here :dull:

Car of the day, as a driver, would probably be the JP-LM 2 seater Le-Man style open top car; amazing machine! I spun the Formula 3000 twice on consecutive laps, partly due to very cold (and crap) tyres and mostly due to driver error so I got black flagged, called back to the pits and told off so took it steady after that in the 3000. Wasn't scary at all, very calm and collected, didn't stall the car at all.

Got this nice clip of the on-board footage though - https://youtu.be/v-shTHAE1Mw

I lost it in the Ariel Atom, complete 360 and stalled that but what fun!

• Like 1