Bilstein suspension... what's the options?!

I kind of get (I thnk!) that the B12 and up kits are coilovers and sports suspension, but when it comes time to change my setup I'd be looking at keeping the existing ride height Not interested in boy racing!), just getting better dampers, so what's the difference between the Bilstein models UNDER the B12 range, ie. the B1, 3, 4, 6 & 8??

Any recommendations on springs as well, might well change them?

B4s are OE replacements (twin tube)

B6 mono tube performance shocks (for those who after an upgrade or after heavy duty shocks for towing/heavy loads but do not wish to lower) - normally paired with standard springs but can also used for moderate lowering springs.

B8 mono tube performance shocks (same damping as B6 but shorter piston to accommodate lowering springs)

B12 Kit (B8 shocks paired with Eibach Prokit springs)

as for stock springs I can recommend Kilen springs as I can't fault their quality and cheaper than original skoda ones

Cool, thanks. So looking at prices of the B6 vs a B12 kit, it's starts to get very similar, so if I got the B12 kit, do you know if they do it as a standard ride height (I guess both vRS & non vRS ride heights??) or do you have to go for a drop? And can I also presume that, although I won't be towing, will the B6/B12 take more punishment for an estate, ie. would I be able to theoretically increase the weight loading into the back of the car?

I can't comment on the drop on the B12 kits but sure others will comment as I'm using B6 with stock springs.

The extra performance does help with heavy loads as the rear doesn't sag as much compared to stock shocks. There is also less squat and dive during braking so they do offer improved stability but you can clearly see the benefits when pushing on as there is definitely less under steer.

Every sport suspension has got ride high drop - thats the idea behind better handling due lower centre of gravity and changed wheel geometry

Weitec made something like sport comfort suspension...not too hard for rubber links. Drop around 20-30mm on Fabia

Bilstein B12 has got drop 30-50mm, depending on car.

YOU CAN'T HAVE BETTER SUSPENSION WITH SAME OEM RIDE HEIGHT ;-)

My friend does off-road trial and he once made adapter for sport suspension for increasing ride heigh...well it was disaster and he claimed...my friend used to work for Skoda Motorsport :-D

I've B6 paired with Eibach on the Yeti and the ride is just better in every way, just as comfortable at low speed but exceptional handeling and motorway speed ( and above on track) stability, certainly worth doing.

YOU CAN'T HAVE BETTER SUSPENSION WITH SAME OEM RIDE HEIGHT ;-)

Hmmm, not sure about that: my old Golf G60 had standard OEM springs and putting Koni top adjustables in completely changed it for the better. No change in ride height there.

Hmmm, not sure about that: my old Golf G60 had standard OEM springs and putting Koni top adjustables in completely changed it for the better. No change in ride height there.

apparently you didn't drive it hard enough ;-) Sometimes placebo works, most of time not. Important is good feeling of customer right? ;-)

apparently you didn't drive it hard enough ;-) Sometimes placebo works, most of time not. Important is good feeling of customer right? ;-)

No placebo needed, they work brilliantly :)

post-120571-0-00968800-1465057049_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrellGB

Oh, trust me I did! ;)