Top end rebuild... Shopping list

Doing my top end rebuild in the next few weeks so going to order all the bits, so far I've got...

- Genuine PD150 head bolts

- FAI steel camshaft

- INA black top uprated tappets

- Glyco bearings

- Genuine camshaft bolts

- Genuine camshaft oil seal

- Genuine rocker gasket

- Genuine EGR reducer gasket (BLT engine)

- Genuine cam pulley end bolt

- Engine assembly grease

-

I think that's everything, not sure if I should remove all four injectors, give them a clean up and replace all four seals/gaskets on them at the same time.... It's only £30 for a full set of seals but then the bolts ontop of that arnt cheap either.

While the tools are out and engine in bits I'm going to remove the EGR valve and ASV, give them all a good clean out and fit the reducer gasket to help keep it clean in the future and help with the BLT hesitation.

Timing belt is less than a year old and havnt done many miles so not replacing that.

I'll run it for a day or two then do an oil and filter change also.

"So you're re-using your cambelt?"

- yeah, it's about 8 month / 5,000 mile old, perfectly fine to put back on. False economy to replace it for the sake of it, will be exactly the same just with a lighter wallet.

"Also what's the rationale behind doing this? Is the head lifting?"

No reason, it's 100,000 miles old now, want to rebuild the top end before playing with hybrids etc. Camshafts and tappets are the soft spot on these engines so I'd like to upgrade them now while I can.

I'm only running low power so no headlift or issues there, but the PD150 headbolts might just help to prevent any issues in the future.

Edited by hutchysrs50

The more I've thought, I think I'll do the injectors as well, the seal kit also comes with the very top part that wears down from the rocker arms, so will remove all four injectors, clean them all up and replace the wearing parts from the top, I'll be setting up the injector lash after the new camshaft anyway so might get an extra few BHP when I'm done! :D