Water leak in the boot

hlankine

Hello all,

I just yesterday noticed the boot floor lining was soaking wet after a heavy rain. I have a sunroof on my 2010 Yeti, and I thought the leak came from there. I quickly ran to the local dealership to blow out the drain pipes both front and rear thinking they must ne the cause (I've read about them clogging up before). The drain pipes were clean and nothing was blown out of them, so that wasn't the issue.

I noticed the water coming down from the rear left pillar behind the plastic cover and after removing that I saw the water came in from somewhere behind the roof lining in the boot. I didn't remove the roof lining yet, but there was still water there

I'm quite helpless, guys. I must seal this leak before it gets any worse. The footwells both frotn and rear are dry, luckily.

Has anyone had any water ingress from the rear/boot pillars? What can I do? It seems the Place is close to where the roof racks bolt in.

Thanks,

Henri

Hello all,

I just yesterday noticed the boot floor lining was soaking wet after a heavy rain. I have a sunroof on my 2010 Yeti, and I thought the leak came from there. I quickly ran to the local dealership to blow out the drain pipes both front and rear thinking they must ne the cause (I've read about them clogging up before). The drain pipes were clean and nothing was blown out of them, so that wasn't the issue.

I noticed the water coming down from the rear left pillar behind the plastic cover and after removing that I saw the water came in from somewhere behind the roof lining in the boot. I didn't remove the roof lining yet, but there was still water there

I'm quite helpless, guys. I must seal this leak before it gets any worse. The footwells both frotn and rear are dry, luckily.

Has anyone had any water ingress from the rear/boot pillars? What can I do? It seems the Place is close to where the roof racks bolt in.

Thanks,

Henri

Why don't you go back to the dealer with your new evidence?

I should have been more clear about the events, I reckon. I went to the dealer with all this evidence, and we didn't find the fault yet. I'm thinking I need to remove the roof lining altogether to get Access to the sunroof drain pipes.

Thanks for the link! I haven't read that thread yet, but it seems helpful!

Henri