New 1.0 TSI 115CV motor?

regueton

No idea, but what would be the appeal?

I would guess there are markets or even situations where there is little access to motorways but a lot of low speed driving and idling in heavy traffic where it might make sense.........simply horses for courses.

I would guess there are markets or even situations where there is little access to motorways but a lot of low speed driving and idling in heavy traffic where it might make sense.........simply horses for courses.

Little access to motorways, lots of slow speed driving? Get a Citigo!

In Spain a car with less than 120 gr/km of CO2 have tax reduction of 4,75% of the total car value. The new 1.0 TSI Octavia claims 104gr/km maybe the Yeti with 1.0 TSI could maintain the emisions below 120 gr/km. Also have a 8% reduction of fuel compsunption and a 13% more torque than 1.2 TSI EA211.

Maybe they live or drive north of Perth (UK) where there are no Motorways and mostly Dual Carriageways have Average Speed or Fixed Cameras, and as for UK NSL routes 115ps is maybe better than 105ps even if only 1.0l instead of 1.2 litres.

In the real world there is it is how they perform as much as how people remember days of old.

There is actually 'replacement for displacement' when it comes to petrol or diesel engine petrol cars, or even motor cycles. 

I can't think of a single better 'town' car than the Yeti for which it is perfectly suited as opposed to high speed motorways which it simply copes with.

Hight, all round vision and a tight turning circle.

As said, the next evolution for those attracted by the 1.2. Petrol engine technology has advanced massively in recent years enabling far more power and economy from small capacity units. Ideal for the urban environment and capable enough to keep up with motorway traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Spain a car with less than 120 gr/km of CO2 have tax reduction of 4,75% of the total car value. The new 1.0 TSI Octavia claims 104gr/km maybe the Yeti with 1.0 TSI could maintain the emisions below 120 gr/km. Also have a 8% reduction of fuel compsunption and a 13% more torque than 1.2 TSI EA211.

Ok, that makes quite a bit of sense, and if the Octavia is 104 g/km, the Yeti with the same engine should be comfortably below 120 so you should be OK.

Before getting my first Yeti, I test drove both the 1.2 petrol and 110 2.0 diesel, and preferred the diesel which, in 2wd form at least, is still under 120 g/km and also has better real world fuel consumption.

The 1.2 is still an excellent car, so if the 1.0 is an even better engine I'm sure it'll be excellent also.

• Like 1

Maybe they live or drive north of Perth (UK) where there are no Motorways and mostly Dual Carriageways have Average Speed or Fixed Cameras, and as for UK NSL routes 115ps is maybe better than 105ps even if only 1.0l instead of 1.2 litres.

I believe the OP is on Spain, but you're right, driving a Yeti isn't about speed.

In the real world there is it is how they perform as much as how people remember days of old.

There is actually 'replacement for displacement' when it comes to petrol or diesel engine petrol cars, or even motor cycles.

Very true, and I'd not realised that the 1.0 had quite a bit more torque than the 1.2 which would make it a lot more appealing.

I guess I'm still nervous about the complexity of these engines especially after the problems with the petrol Fabia VRS.

Oh, while I agree in principle with the replacement for displacement argument, I don't for one minute regret my motorcycling move from 1.0 to 1.2 last year [emoji4]

I believe the OP is on Spain, but you're right, driving a Yeti isn't about speed.

Very true, and I'd not realised that the 1.0 had quite a bit more torque than the 1.2 which would make it a lot more appealing.

I guess I'm still nervous about the complexity of these engines especially after the problems with the petrol Fabia VRS.

Oh, while I agree in principle with the replacement for displacement argument, I don't for one minute regret my motorcycling move from 1.0 to 1.2 last year [emoji4]

And we are far happier with our 3.0l straight 6 BMW over a 2.0l 4 cyl VAG unit with similar power and economy in our other car [emoji56]

• Like 1

I would worry more about 1.4 TSI / TFSI ACT / COD Volkswagen Group engines.

VW experienced the 1.4 TSI / TFSI Twinchargers running on only 3 cylinders, and spark plug failures, 

looking now for what happens to the Cylinder Deactivation engines and servicing schedules in the next year or so.

As for a 1.0 litre and a Turbo, its not like it is some great new technology.

Surely at long last the VW Group have the hang on Chains, Belts, Tensioners, Water Pumps, Piston / Rings, Heads & Valves 

and engine management.

If they can not get a 1.0 TSI or a 1.5 TSI right then what hope is there with Hybrids and Small Engines and Electric Motors.

And we are far happier with our 3.0l straight 6 BMW over a 2.0l 4 cyl VAG unit with similar power and economy in our other car [emoji56]

Actually, that's worth noting. Whilst new small capacity engines are more powerful and more fuel efficient than their predecessors, the same is true of larger engines, and some manufacturers are better at playing that game than others; BMW in particular.

When?

I would think pretty soon and is probably the reason why there are such good offers on the 1.2TSi at the moment.

The 1.2TSi is great around town and on A/B roads. It's perfectly capable on motorways unless you want to sit at 100mph in the outside lane but economy does suffer over the legal limit.

The 1.0TSi offers more power, more torque, greater economy and is lighter so less weight in the nose for better handling. As long as it's reliable I'd expect it to continue the success of the Yeti 1.2TSi and the 1.2TSi in the other ranges. And with the Government already starting to make statements about the need to change taxation on diesel the interest in small capacity petrol is only going to increase.

Lee

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 2

VW will catch up with the competitors sometime and offer a bit more go from their 1.0 engines once they can be sure they do have the components right.

Not like 115ps is going to be stressing the engines even in their bigger / heavier models.

125-140 ps does seem where they should be at with them by now, but VW came late to the party, as usual.

http://broadspeed.com/new_cars/Ford/EcoSport

• Like 1

VW will catch up with the competitors sometime and offer a bit more go from their 1.0 engines once they can be sure they do have the components right.

Not like 115ps is going to be stressing the engines even in their bigger / heavier models.

125-140 ps does seem where they should be at with them by now, but VW came late to the party, as usual.

http://broadspeed.com/new_cars/Ford/EcoSport

Ford offer a 165PS upgrade through their dealer network for the 1.0 Ecoboost.

• Like 1

Yes that comes from proper R&D and technology,

not as VW was doing for decades buying into others technology and anytime their were failures just dropping that and trying something else, & failures due to penny pinching and expending and cheating were they could not achieve what legislation required.

No 'Das Auto' any more, just honesty, memories, nostalgia and spin, biggest Battery Factories, fastest FWD cars limited to 400 to get news articles &

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-34275917

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34298259

One fine day in the middle of the night back in September 2015 Suzuki bought back all its shares from Volkswagen

that remained with the VWG.

As the next day dawned VW's shares crashed around their ears as news was breaking of Defeat Devices.

How lucky Suzuki were to get out of being any part of the VW Group.

? Did Toyota lend Suzuki the 3.8 Billion required to get the final shares bought back?

(How good that Suzuki had been into small capacity engines with turbos for so long.)

Suzuki have their factories in Hungary, and VW have their Audi Engine & Electric Motor Factories in Hungary..

Edited by GoneOffSKi

I couldn't possibly have a car with an engine smaller than my motorbike!

Not even with more power and performance than your 2.0TDi? ;)

Lee

Not even with more power and performance than your 2.0TDi? ;)

Lee

:D  No!

I've said many times that for me it's got to be a diesel in my Yeti.

It's not all about the numbers but the whole driving experience. ​ ​

:D  No!

I've said many times that for me it's got to be a diesel in my Yeti.

It's not all about the numbers but the whole driving experience. ​ ​

That's why there's a choice. :)

I have TDi and TSi saloons sat on the drive, the diesel is actually a lot more powerful but in any situation bar motorways I'd take the TSi.

Lee

• Like 1