Locking wheel nuts

meta55b

Is there different versions of the locking wheels nuts. I ordered some new ones for my mk2 2008 Octavia vrs. The ones that arrived are bigger, that the plastic cover won't go over the top. I was sent 000 071 597C

That part number relates to these...

53eb99c939d07.jpg

c994e02s-960.jpg

The ones fitted to my 2008 Octavia looked like this...

car-clinic-locking-wheel-nut-key.jpg

There are two different sized wheel nut covers, ones for the non-locking nuts and ones for the locking nut, part numbers here...

AlloyWheelNutCoversBriskoda.jpg

Edited by silver1011

The ones I have been sent look like ones in the car clinic picture. The number inside the cap for the locking nut is, 1Z0 601 173A. The problem is the original lock nut is 20mm diameter and the new is 24mm in diameter.

The ones for your 2008 car are Mcgard bolts. Not standard issue.

I replaced the Skoda ones with Mcgards on my 2007 car.

The original ones look like the m14 spline but only bigger. Can I get bigger plastic caps from skoda. I'm not sure my OCD will be happy with one nut a lot bigger on each wheel.

The original ones look like the m14 spline but only bigger. Can I get bigger plastic caps from skoda. I'm not sure my OCD will be happy with one nut a lot bigger on each wheel.

Put another standard bolt in then. They do next to nothing anyway.

Put another standard bolt in then. They do next to nothing anyway.

It's the same style as the middle box. And now I'm freaked out looking at tha picture with all the locking keys lol.