Exhaust or remap

I'll keep it simple which am I better off buying first and if I had it mapped first, would I have to get it remapped when I fitted the exhaust? Can you help me out I really don't want the credit card bill for everything I want to do at once!

Wasn't expecting a reply so fast, thanks guys! Would you get more power from a map if it had a miltek or a Jetex exhaust or should I just get the old girl mapped and start saving for wheels and suspension?

Wasn't expecting a reply so fast, thanks guys! Would you get more power from a map if it had a miltek or a Jetex exhaust or should I just get the old girl mapped and start saving for wheels and suspension?

Standard exhaust is good to 220 BHP, you figure it out.

Only change the exhaust if you want to change the sound as it makes no difference to power.

If your planning on removing the cat then do this first and then have it mapped. Removing the cat can sometime cause the turbo to over post low down so more adjustments needed to the n75 map.

Thanks for the advice guys (especially faboka). I didn't really want it to sound like a racing truck anyway I'm gonna stick with the cat for now but if it goes are the high flow sports cats worth the money?

Thanks for the advice guys (especially faboka). I didn't really want it to sound like a racing truck anyway I'm gonna stick with the cat for now but if it goes are the high flow sports cats worth the money?

On a tuned high revving petrol engine, yes.

Guest BigJase88

It will be fine. Nothing to worry about!

I had a milltek celi 200 cat and milltek full system. Probs did nothing but was running a bigger turbo. Sounded nice enough though