Headlights in Europe

Hi guys,

I'm travelling to Belgium from England in August for the grand prix.

How do I setup the headlights so they are not dazzling the cars on the other side of the road?

Also, I have a European travel kit for travelling though France. I've read that you are meant to carry spare headlight bulbs. This could be a little pricey given my car has bi-xenon headlights.

Should I just buy bulbs that don't fit to comply with the law or should I not worry?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Picked up a light and fuse kit from the dealers ready for our trip through Europe.  £32, thought it would be more given having Bi-Xenon lights.

Picked up a light and fuse kit from the dealers ready for our trip through Europe. £32, thought it would be more given having Bi-Xenon lights.

Result. I shall make some calls.

How do I setup the headlights so they are not dazzling the cars on the other side of the road?

If you have the bi-xenons the simple answer is:- you don't. **

If not immediately then certainly within a few minutes the car will detect it's geographically located on mainland Europe and automatically adapt the lights for driving on the right.

The same applies when you return to the UK when it switches back to driving on the left.

** If you have any concerns that it might not have switched automatically, simply use the infotainment menu CAR > Settings > Light > Travel Mode and check it's switched itself to R-Hand Traffic.

If for any reason it hasn't, you can manually switch it yourself.

• Like 1

If you have the bi-xenons the simple answer is:- you don't. **

If not immediately then certainly within a few minutes the car will detect it's geographically located on mainland Europe and automatically adapt the lights for driving on the right.

The same applies when you return to the UK when it switches back to driving on the left.

** If you have any concerns that it might not have switched automatically, simply use the infotainment menu CAR > Settings > Light > Travel Mode and check it's switched itself to R-Hand Traffic.

If for any reason it hasn't, you can manually switch it yourself.

That's brilliant. Thank you for helping. Simply clever I guess. [emoji4]

• Like 1

The only adjustment I had to make is the timezone. Everything else - lights, speed limit road signs (mph - km/h), ACC - was automatic. The car can even remind you about national speed limits when crossing borders. Simply clever indeed!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Does this work for cars without inbuilt sat nav and without traffic sign recognition?  How does the car know that its in a different country?