Soon to be a Rapid owner

I posted this in the "General" section but thought I would say "hello" here :) Already own a fantastic Superb L & K so another Skoda was on the cards ;) 

Having owned my Seat Ibiza for 4 years now and taking it from 16000 to 99000 miles I have decided that old faithful needs to be retired to a much softer life away from the 100 miles a day she does faultless 4 days a week.... 

So I have just been into D.M Keith in York and treated myself to this.... 

post-428-0-35481900-1466352439_thumb.jpg

It is exactly the same colour as the Superb, was built the day before the Superb in 2014 and registered the day after the Superb in June 2014... It will be 2 years old on the 27th June... 

VERY nice car, although it is one of the emission standard cars, but so what... 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.6TDi CR 105ps Elegance Hatchback (MY2015) ... and it has only done 9700 miles... has Satnav as well smile.png 

Can't wait now until Wednesday night smile.png

Now a "2 Skoda family" 

The Ibiza has been a fantastic car, although 99000 on the clock the engine was replaced at 60000 under warranty so it will make someone a good runabout, flies through MOT, always had anything needed fitted/done, and full dealer history.. Will be sorry to see it go sad6.gifScreem.gif, but I need to look at what its worth now before it is worthless...

Bit depressed today Lol been and paid for it, so roll on Wednesday... 

Did a good deal, or at least I thinks so, having the spare wheel kit fitted rather than the repair kit, do a lot of miles so a spare is a must... 

So that;s two sections for me now :) Superb and Rapid.... 

Stuart

Edited by stuarttunstall
  • Like 1

Well Superb's baby brother is home safe and sound..... 

Now I have driven it the 20 miles home I am really impressed, drives much nicer, quieter and more comfortable than the Ibiza (will miss her though... frown.png ) 

On the trip home average MPG was 65!! compared to 45ish I should save a fortune... 

I think as it has only done 4500 miles per year and now has 9700 I think it will welcome the trip to work to clean it out...

• Like 1

Which Ibiza did you have?

It's a real Jekyll and Hyde car for ride comfort - anything with sports (FR / Cupra) suspension tends to be awful, but the newer low end models ride and handle beautifully, and certainly better than the Rapid/Toledo (I have one of each) although the Rapedo interior is nicer.

Edited by camelspyyder

It was a 2011 Ibiza 1.4 "Good stuff" 2 door, really good car and serve me well for 4 years, going from 16000 to 99000 miles almost fault free .. I think it did have sports suspension as it did seem hard at times, unless I am just getting old Lol 

Quick update, Can't believe a week has almost gone already... Fantastic car!! 

The Ibiza did around 345-350 miles on a tank of petrol, so if I had filled it up last Wednesday night the same as I did the Rapid I would have been filling it up again tonight, maybe tomorrow.. So far I have done 302 miles in the Rapid since I filled it up last Wednesday.. I still have well over half a tank, and 495 miles remaining in the range... so around 700 miles plus per tank!!! It is so far averaging around 68MPG on my work run which is 90% dual carriageway and motorway so 65-70MPH... So around one tank of diesel in the Rapid for almost 2 tanks in the Ibiza... 

I reckon I should save around least £50 or more per month smile.png

• Like 2

Well...I will save a fortune compared to the old faithful Ibiza... bless her... now for sale at the Auctions in Leeds... :( 

I filled the Rapid up on the 22nd when I collected it... now covered 495 miles and STILL showing between a 1/4 & 1/2 a tank with 280 miles left... so based on that will be filling up about once every 2 weeks rather than every week! 

Talk about impressed.... 

Then again, I have had both Rapid and Toledo's as loan cars and knew what to expect, so always top of the list when I replaced the Ibiza.... I must say the Rapid looks a nicer car than the Toledo from the outside.. ;) 

Quick update, Can't believe a week has almost gone already... Fantastic car!!

The Ibiza did around 345-350 miles on a tank of petrol, so if I had filled it up last Wednesday night the same as I did the Rapid I would have been filling it up again tonight, maybe tomorrow.. So far I have done 302 miles in the Rapid since I filled it up last Wednesday.. I still have well over half a tank, and 495 miles remaining in the range... so around 700 miles plus per tank!!! It is so far averaging around 68MPG on my work run which is 90% dual carriageway and motorway so 65-70MPH... So around one tank of diesel in the Rapid for almost 2 tanks in the Ibiza...

I reckon I should save around least £50 or more per month smile.png

Congrats on the car :)

When i used mine often i was getting 800+ miles to a tank

• Like 1

I do about 90 miles a day 4 days a week and so far, since the 22nd I have not put any diesel in... done about 550 miles so far with around 250 left... 

• Like 1

My current commute is the same-ish distance as yours and the long term mpg (over the last 9 weeks) is showing 18.1:rofl: - although when there's a headwind it's often more like 14.

1:  At least that's per US gallon, so in reality it's nearer 21.7 overall.

2:  And with unleaded at around 40% of the UK price, for an equivalent cost my 3 ton, twin-turbo petrol V6, 365 bhp, four wheel drive truck

is doing 54 miles per UK gallon.

20160510_190949_zpskkmxd9c0.jpg

I love driving in the USA :)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 2

I do about 90 miles a day 4 days a week and so far, since the 22nd I have not put any diesel in... done about 550 miles so far with around 250 left... 

Pleased to hear its all going well so far. You are getting good mpg from the 1.6 diesel lump.

But do keep a close eye on the known niggle points (trim rattles, rear doors retaining water, boot 'boom' noise, clearcoat failure on bonnet) and get them sorted under warranty as soon as they manifest, if they manifest.

..... clearcoat failure on bonnet) and get them sorted under warranty as soon as they manifest, if they manifest.

What's this and what should I be looking out for? 

1.  It wont happen, there's been no sunshine in the UK this year.

2. Over here in the South West USA cars with clearcoat failure look like I do 3 days after I start peeling following two weeks all inclusive in the sun - Yuk

1. It wont happen, there's been no sunshine in the UK this year.

2. Over here in the South West USA cars with clearcoat failure look like I do 3 days after I start peeling following two weeks all inclusive in the sun - Yuk

That's an image nobody needed this early :)

The clear coat thing is not Rapid-specific, but seems to be cropping up across the range - have encountered several recent Skodas at meets suffering from it badly on the bonnet (though being fixed under warranty in all instances). Not so much a heat reaction but failure to adhere in the first place, so if affected, a spirited washing session can be enough to dislodge it. However, does seem to be the rarest of the issues - far more likely to have rattly trim or water in the doors if anything.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

Cheers - not one I'm not gonna notice then!

Was a bit worried mine would be a "Friday car" as it was an unregistered one out the back of the dealership - only 3k miles in but it seems to be solid and we love it (along with its 'lump' of an engin :p )