Tailgate Electric issue - OBDeleven

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could maybe help me with my Vrs Octavia III combi.

Two weeks ago, I received OBDeleven dongle (which is a really helpfull application for the Vrs by the way)

I have enable few usefull things like VideoInMotion, Laptimer, Electric Tailgate closing (with interior button + Key Fob)

Unfortunately, since those changes, my tailgate unlocks itself when I lock the car (with the kessy or with the key).

I m able to close the tailgate manually but will be unlocked again if the speed of the car exceeds 3 mph (or 5 km/h in my country :-) )

In order to be able to drive with the issue, I need to choose the option in the columbus " lock/unlock individual door" and close the tailgate manually

Do you have any ideas with regards to my above trouble ? It might be usefull if someone could share his original value in OBDeleven for the tailgate and central locking system

Sorry again for my bad english :notme:

thank you in advance

I'm not familiar with OBDeleven, but is there a backup of the factory settings that you can use?

Thanks for your reply. It appears that the back up proposed by OBD eleven Will not reset any changes . I m looking for original code ( hexa and bytes) for the central electric and tailgate

The benefit of VCDS and the drawback of OBDEleven - it was bound to happen at some point .......

The changes you have made should not have gone anywhere near the BCM, so what else did you do if you want the BCM coding?

The benefit of VCDS and the drawback of OBDEleven - it was bound to happen at some point .......

The changes you have made should not have gone anywhere near the BCM, so what else did you do if you want the BCM coding?

OBD11 does keep track of the coding you do. My does, i can always revert back so don't know why the OP can't. Infact it tracks ALL changes made and it's easily accesable listed by controller...you can even have it emailed to you if you so desire.

• Like 1

OBD11 does keep track of the coding you do. My does, i can always revert back so don't know why the OP can't. Infact it tracks ALL changes made and it's easily accesable listed by controller...you can even have it emailed to you if you so desire.

Hi all,

Thank you all for your Time.

Since the issue, i have tried many changes in adaptation of both tailgate and central electric unit. OBD eleven kept track records till 100 modifications, after that you are not able to see your first modification.

Why m'I asking you original value for both menue ( tailgate and central electric) it's because my garage has tried to reset the ÉCU without any success. Next step for them Will be to take all values from a brand new octavia 3 RS ( in the showroom) and crosscheck them .

If you can send to me those printscreen, I Will be able to find the wrong value in my unit.

Thank you again

Thank you Andyvee.

You re right about VCDS and that's my fault.

What BCM stands for ?

All of the central locking settings are stored in the BCM, controller 09.

The problem with asking for someone elses coding is that unless it is almost exactly the same as yours in terms of options there will be differences in the coding and adaptation.