Looking for Audiotec Fischer Match owners

Hello!

I'm looking for a way to improve the sound of my Amundsen and stock speakers (not Canton). The best and cleanest way I've found is to install an amp behind the head unit, this amp being the Audiotec Fischer Match series.

• How many channels does our car have? Match amps have many possible versions to buy, which one should I choose?

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-25%20at%2009.33.

• I'd like someone that has it installed to share his/her experience with the installation process. Mainly because:
    • Do you require extra adapters to connect the amp to the head unit?

• Does the amp fit behind the head unit? (I've seen a picture of this setup with other amp)

• Is the head unit power supply enough or do you have to route a cable from the battery?

• Do you have to fiddle with the unit in the glovebox or everything needed is behind the head unit?

If there's an amp owner out there I'd appreciate the info, it's being difficult to find guides or information about the process.

Thanks!

I've had this installed and I think its excellent. I did not do the installation ( dealer did it) though but I believe its pretty basic and comes with all required adaptors etc. My amp sits under passenger seat. Power is from the cars normal wiring ie. There is no cable from battery to sub. There is software you can download to a laptop and change amp eq settings etc via USB cable. I wanted the canton but didn't manage to get it in the end. Has this installed and dealer said it sounded better than the canton. I don't know but it ups the power and adds a bigger sub than what the canton gives you. And the sub fits nicely into the side compartment in the boot (I've got a wagon). Overall I'm very happy with it. Gives good bass and very adjustable. Would recommend as an upgrade over standard system.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I've had this installed and I think its excellent. I did not do the installation ( dealer did it) though but I believe its pretty basic and comes with all required adaptors etc. My amp sits under passenger seat. Power is from the cars normal wiring ie. There is no cable from battery to sub. There is software you can download to a laptop and change amp eq settings etc via USB cable. I wanted the canton but didn't manage to get it in the end. Has this installed and dealer said it sounded better than the canton. I don't know but it ups the power and adds a bigger sub than what the canton gives you. And the sub fits nicely into the side compartment in the boot (I've got a wagon). Overall I'm very happy with it. Gives good bass and very adjustable. Would recommend as an upgrade over standard system.

Thanks for the quick reply. With "dealer" I suppose you're talking about where you bought the amp, not the Skoda dealer. Am I right?

I wouldn't mind paying an extra for them to fit it, if I know the installation is simple enough so they don't break anything. How does the quality of your installation look?

Thanks!

If you also want a subwoofer, then look at the VW plug&play soundsystem. It is also produced by Fischer. I think I used 3-4 hours on the install, the connection to existing connectors for the radio was the most difficult.

Mine was installed by the company selling the amp but the dealer arranged it. Installation is fine. The wiring loom is designed for the car so it all fits nicely

If you also want a subwoofer, then look at the VW plug&play soundsystem. It is also produced by Fischer. I think I used 3-4 hours on the install, the connection to existing connectors for the radio was the most difficult.

Thanks for the tip! I'm not really a bass guy, at the volumes I use the existing bass is more than enough. I'm missing fidelity and clarity.

willkiwi, which one did you buy? 62DSP or 82DSP? Can I ask you where? For what you said, do you think the dealer (Skoda) would agree to install it for me?

• Like 1

It's not cheap. I think when I inquired about an older model admittedly but a basic 4ch amp it was going to be about £400 fitted. 41dsp iirc

Well, around Canton's cost then xD. It really is expensive, but even if it's not now I'll do it sometime once I get things clear about how the upgrade works, where to get it and where to install it.

BTW, the channel question is still on. How many channels does the car's original output to the speaker have? There are amp versions for 4, 5-6 and 8.

Edited by Wolfpred

Well, around Canton's cost then xD. It really is expensive, but even if it's not now I'll do it sometime once I get things clear about how the upgrade works, where to get it and where to install it.

BTW, the channel question is still on. How many channels does the car's original output to the speaker have? There are amp versions for 4, 5-6 and 8.

This is not 100% sure, but from what I have understood in other threads, there should be a total 4 channels - Front Left and Right and Rear Left and Right. There is a filter in the door before the the tweeter that is wired in parallel (or is it series? dunno...) with the door woofer.

If you want the amp to do crossover duties in the DSP, then you need 8 channels. All this, of course, discounting the possibility of adding a subwoofer later in the trunk, which would need an extra channel.

You only need a 4channel one, regardless of whether the unit has a dsp (unless you ran additional speaker wires through the whole car to run fully 'active' via the dsp as it appears the tweeters are wires in series to the mids with a cap as a passive crossover-that would be a lot of extra work and really not worth it if you're keeping OEM speakers.)

I've not looked at the recent models but the 41dsp uses the existing loom for power, so installation is pretty simple.

Here's the 50dsp but theyre all similar if using the iso loom.

Edited by Mallettsmallett

Making progress! So:

• Only 4 channels needed, so the PP 41DSP should do the job (at ~£230 / 300€)
  • This amp should for sure have enough power from the available cables behind the head unit
  • Even if it's the smaller and simpler amp, it also has an extra subwoofer output
  • It looks like Audiotec-Fischer sends it pre-configured and with the correct cables for the vehicle. Installation should be really easy to do yourself

Things missing:

• Can anyone confirm if it would fit behind the head unit? If not, we still need to run cables to somewhere like below the passenger seat. Dimensions are 185 x 44 x 124 mm / 1.73 x 7.28 x 4.88“
  • In the "editions" tab (link) there are setups for the Superb, but not for the Octavia. I suppose we should ask Audiotec-Fischer to add it / recommend another setup.

If you can find somewhere that sells if for that price(?), I'd be tempted to self fit as I've been thinking about one for ages, it doesnt look hard. Unplug ISO block from headunit, plug in new loom and plug headunit loom into the new one.Site unit. Close up.

Worst case scenario is sit in glovebox. The bigger units with the sub channel you'd want sited in the boot like that video. Bear in mind, that's a 1 series BMW and it has the smallest speakers (I had one) 4 or 5" and absolutely no bottom end, and in that video it's not entirely clear if they installed a sub but the Skoda will sound better I bet money on.

Worst case scenario is sit in glovebox. The bigger units with the sub channel you'd want sited in the boot like that video. Bear in mind, that's a 1 series BMW and it has the smallest speakers (I had one) 4 or 5" and absolutely no bottom end, and in that video it's not entirely clear if they installed a sub but the Skoda will sound better I bet money on.

I think you're right. I really don't feel the bass is lacking. It's not about how punchy it is, it's about clarity and presence across the range. Putting this into words is kind of difficult/stupid, I hope I made my point xD.

I wouldn't mind if it ends inside the glove box, the amp is not that big. Maybe it's even better because if it's behind the head unit and it rattles after the installation fixing it is a pain in the ass. So... is there a way from the glovebox to behind the head unit or you have to create one? O_o

Looking at the wiring loom it looks pretty minimal going to the unit. I suspect you could easily route it. You might have to make a hole but you could do it properly with a holesaw drillbit and a rubber grommet. It would also keep the so cool with the little duct you can turn on and off in the glovebox.

Removing the glovebox looks easy. I imagine three possibilities (I'm being the bullet point list guy in this post O_o):

• Take it out and drill a hole at home.
  • Find enough space behind the glovebox to install it. If changes are needed, it's easier than removing the head unit.
  • The glovebox tray is not that tight-sealed. You could squeeze the cables through its upper side (from behind to inside) and leave the amp inside it.

Here are some pics. Pics are good for your health.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-26%20at%2011.30.

• Like 1

I don't see why you should not mount behind the touch screen - plenty of space there.

There is no space behind the glovebox.

BTW, since the system 'brain' is the unit in the glovebox, that is where you will be plugging everything into, but it should be possible to run the wires to the center, behind the touch screen and zip tie the new amp behind there.

Whoever does it first, please make photos and or videos.

I don't see why you should not mount behind the touch screen - plenty of space there.

There is no space behind the glovebox.

BTW, since the system 'brain' is the unit in the glovebox, that is where you will be plugging everything into, but it should be possible to run the wires to the center, behind the touch screen and zip tie the new amp behind there.

Whoever does it first, please make photos and or videos.

Installing it behind the head unit is still an option... but you might be right and the cables we need are in the unit inside the glovebox. If that is the case I would probably install in inside the glovebox since you say there's no space behind. That way I won't have to mess with the head unit.

If you need to get to it (the dsp needs altering, not clear how you do that without the separate controller?) it would be easier if it's in the glovebox. TBH, if you're just running 4 channel 'passive' -ish (as in, not running 4 tweeters and 4 drivers individually) I can't see the dsp needing any altering really, unless it does time alignment (which I don't think it does) or anything fancy. I havent looked at it in any real depth as I only wanted the amp side of things. It's not an Audison Bit10  :(