Thinking of a vrs but concerned

Guest BigJase88

Correcto mundo.

& also i never noticed that i was answering the OP and not the member that was not Aware originally.

(should not have gone to Spec Saver, not tense, just relaxed in the hills with strong cider.)

Yes pipe down that man

Chilleth outeth

My sincere apologies

Only advice I would give would be the same when purchasing any used car, buy as new as you can afford with as little mileage as you can and with an impeccable service history. Generally speaking that would mean 2013/14 CTHE engined Vrs as the oil consumption issues seem to be far less prevalent on those models. That said, there are many cracking examples of CAVE engined vRS around, ones that haven't used a drop or missed a beat over thousands of miles.

Ours has been a revelation since the engine replacement, 25k covered and genuinely not a drop used in that time, which is almost 2 years now. Very practical with 5 doors, decent space inside (my wife usually has 2 car seats and occasionally 3 in the car) for carting the wee grandchildren around, and the dsg is fantastic, can't imagine buying a manual again. Wee car also has the ability to shift when needed, having embarrassed more than a few during our ownership with its turn of speed. Even in standard form, and running on 99 Ron fuel, the wee car is quite potent with 180ps and sometimes more as shown on dyno runs. 

And not being cheeky or seeking to offend, but there is quite a difference in performance between the 1.6tdi/ 1.2tsi and the vRS and it is noticeable, however I perfectly understand that the risk of potential engine issues can be very off putting and could understand folk looking at other variants. It's a matter for every buyer to weigh up themselves.

Good luck in whatever you end up buying.

• Like 1