Oil Change

Hello

My L&K Octy is just coming up to 18 months old and 26500 miles.

It had a minor service at 10k and the big 20k service 4 months ago both at Carr Skoda in Exeter.

The car has just told me that it is 1500 miles to the next oil change. I emailed the dealer who did the services and had this response.

"We serviced the vehicle at 19k it is not uncommon for the vehicle to require a service slightly earlier than 10,000 miles this maybe due to oil quality I would advise booking it in for a service and we can identify exactly why it is asking for a service sooner".

This doesn't make sense to me. Surely as a Skoda dealer they use the correct oil?

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Garnett

I wonder whether it is worth a simple oil change then? I can do that myself and give myself another 3.5k before the service.

Would the oil message clear automatically or would I use VCDS to reset it?

Thanks

Garnett

Hello

It had a minor service at 10k and the big 20k service 4 months ago both at Carr Skoda in Exeter.

The car has just told me that it is 1500 miles to the next oil change. I emailed the dealer who did the services and had this response.

"We serviced the vehicle at 19k it is not uncommon for the vehicle to require a service slightly earlier than 10,000 miles this maybe due to oil quality I would advise booking it in for a service and we can identify exactly why it is asking for a service sooner".

This doesn't make sense to me. Surely as a Skoda dealer they use the correct oil?

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Garnett

Garnett,

Skoda calculate an oil change at 15000km on the MMI which work out to 9300 odd miles. So I would say your car is right in asking you to change the oil in 1500miles.

Regards

Dev

Edited by dev01

Serviced at 19,000 miles.

Now on 26,500 miles.

1,500 miles until next service.

Fixed service interval is 10,000 miles (or as above slightly less due to the km's calculation).

26,500 - 19,000 + 1,500 = 9,000.

Sounds about spot-on to me.

Edited by silver1011

Hello

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Garnett

Sorry to butt in here, but how do you find Carrs, was thinking of using them, but after they gave me such a rip-off quote to fit a tow bar, I was looking to go elsewhere.

Hi Roger

I find them helpful with courtesy cars etc. I also need a tow bar out of interest!

When I have problems the front line staff have been very good. Skoda UK are the main problem authorising things.

I will use them because I am told that SUK look more favourable at things that go wrong outside of the warranty.

Thanks all.

Garnett

Sorry to butt in here, but how do you find Carrs, was thinking of using them, but after they gave me such a rip-off quote to fit a tow bar, I was looking to go elsewhere.

What's your definition of a rip-off quote?

Hi Roger

I find them helpful with courtesy cars etc. I also need a tow bar out of interest!

When I have problems the front line staff have been very good. Skoda UK are the main problem authorising things.

I will use them because I am told that SUK look more favourable at things that go wrong outside of the warranty.

Thanks all.

Garnett

Over £1150 I then got the job done elsewhere for £465.

That IS rip off! Somewhere between £400/£500 all in for removable swan and electrics seems to be the right area, here and other makes. So £465 is bang on.