17" Zenith wheels 5x112 7.0j et54 with nearly new tyres.

I’m gauging interest in my 17” Zenith wheels.  They were on the car when I bought it back in March and the first thing I did was put a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3s on all round.  Since then they have covered about 2600 miles.  The fronts have 7mm of tread and the rears have 8mm so have plenty of life left in them. 

The wheels aren’t perfect, but look pretty good when cleaned up.  As you can see from the photographs they are fine as everyday wheels and don’t really warrant a refurb unless you’re wanting a mint set.  I’ve just bought a set of 18” Zeniths which are in a bit of a state and definitely need a refurb so I could do with the funds to get them done and put a set of Uniroyals on them when finished.

I saw a set of these 17” Zeniths go on Ebay recently with worn out tyres that sold for £300.  The 18” wheels seem to go for a bit more.  I’m looking for £380 for these as they are but am open to reasonable offers. 

The stats for the wheels are 17”, 5x112, 7.0j, et 54 and the tyres are 225 45 17”.  

The sensible thing to do would be to run on these wheels and get my money's worth out of the tyres but I'm on a mission to get most of my planned mods done before the end of July.  As with most situations that use bloke logic, the sensible thing to do gets overlooked in favour of moving on.  I'm well aware that I'll make a big loss on these but hey, I have the modification bug! 

I am in Scarborough, North Yorkshire but am happy to sort a courier out if you need (at an additional cost).  I could get the wheels to Pontefract in West Yorkshire if you wanted to collect them from there also. 

Let me know what you think and if there are any questions send me a pm and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking,

Andrew.

NSF

1_zpselh3ms8n.jpg

OSF

3_zpsokvqe680.jpg

NSR

2_zps5c89o2pt.jpg

OSR

4_zpsdxx4sni9.jpg

P1000371_zpstt9nsd1t.jpg

Edited by skinnyman

Hmm... Really could do with a set of winters though, but I'm wondering...

Then again, mine are 225 50 17 so no good. Sorry.

I've had the Rainsports on my previous two cars also.  They fare surprisingly well in winter and even the Vectra VXR chugged away quite happily through a covering of snow with them on.

Shame they aren't the same size eh?

Do you know if these 17" Zeniths will clear the Large Front Brakes on a MKIII Vrs. I've heard somewhere that due to the curvature of the spokes whey will catch the brake callipers.

Good question but I've no idea at all on this one.  What size are the discs on the MkIII, are they larger than the MKII?  

Having just had a look at a few old threads it leads me to believe that an OEM 17" Mk2 Octavia wheel should fit.  Having said that, I can't find a definite answer at the moment.  Maybe someone else on here could help out?

Apologies for the complete noob question, but can anyone advise if these would fit a mk2 superb?

As far as I'm aware they will fit as they are both 5x112 and have a centre bore of 57.1mm.  What size tyre are you currently running on your car?  This website is really useful to see if the tyre size is compatible.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

I've just done a bit of research.

Superb tyre size  Octavia tyre size   Difference

215 55 17             225 45 17           -5.09%

235 50 17             225 45 17           -4.87%

235 45 18             225 45 17           -5.14%

This means that if your speedo was reading 30mph then your actual speed would be about 28mph.  I'm not sure if this helps but it's a start. :yes:

Edited by skinnyman

Thanks chaps, pulled my finger out and did some research myself today.  I'm currently running 225/40/18 which I believe is what it came with (although didn't buy it new, so they could have been changed I guess).  Some good info here - http://www.wheel-size.com/size/skoda/superb/2013/#trim-20tdi-eudm

According to wheel-size.com my (2.0 TDi 170) 18"s are 7.5j ET 46 and the superb 17"s are 7.5/49, whereas these are 7.0j ET 54, so the result would be 1.6mm further in than my 18's (according to willtheyfit.com), so pretty much nothing, however I think I'll wait for a 7.5j ET 49 set to come up so that they are OEM fit and I don't feel the need to tell my insurer...whether I should or not is a different matter!!!

Thanks again for all the info.

John

• Like 1

According to wheel-size.com my (2.0 TDi 170) 18"s are 7.5j ET 46 and the superb 17"s are 7.5/49, whereas these are 7.0j ET 54, so the result would be 1.6mm further in than my 18's (according to willtheyfit.com), so pretty much nothing, however I think I'll wait for a 7.5j ET 49 set to come up so that they are OEM fit and I don't feel the need to tell my insurer...whether I should or not is a different matter!!!

I guess it's down to personal preference, 1.6mm is a very small difference but it still exists I suppose.  In theory you should tell your insurers if you have factory fitted options, such as 18" wheels versus 17" wheels on the Mk2 Octavia vRS.  When putting my details into Confused.com it asked if the car has the standard Zeniths or the optional size up.  

If you change your mind let me know and I'll be happy to talk to you.

On another note, I nearly withdrew the advert today as the ride on the 17" wheels is lovely and I'm worried I'll spoil the handling by changing to 18" rims. I think the 17" wheel is a good compromise between looks & handling but I've already bought the replacement wheels & need the money to get them refurbished.