Smartlink/bolero/iphone6s/spotify

Hi all,

Use the Smartlink often in my car and use spotify when I can.

Noticed that more often than not Spotify just doesn't work properly.

On a long trip recently my passenger asked to use Spotify and search for some tunes but when going into Spotify - there's no search function/icon. I can play my playlists but cannot get into search or browse their playlists etc.

Is this an app issue? Firmware issue? I have no idea.

Anyone having the same thing?

Cheers in advance

You have to do the searching on the mobile and build a play list. The car app only plays, nothing else.

When I open my app it gives me the options of:

Your library

Browse

Radio

Browse lets you look through artists, genres etc etc

This is on CarPlay with an iPhone 6 so I'd imagine a 6s should do the same. Perhaps try opening and closing the app when your connected via CarPlay, might reset the app.

Yes I get exactly those three options too...

If I go to browse it just goes to a blank screen with no options to do anything. Same with radio option.

Library I can sometimes navigate through but not often

Its a ballache

Edited by anst11

You have to do the searching on the mobile and build a play list. The car app only plays, nothing else.

Not true - when I first used it for a few times I was able to look through spotify's own playlists and mood playlists and just play. I could also search on the move.

Edited by anst11

Yes I get exactly those three options too...

If I go to browse it just goes to a blank screen with no options to do anything. Same with radio option.

Library I can sometimes navigate through but not often

Its a ballache

Strange. I'd imagine it's a bug in the app. Maybe try deleting it off your phone and reinstalling?

You can't search on Spotify - this is a safety feature because at the moment search would require typing on the touch screen.

Once Siri is opened up to third-party apps such as Spotify in the iOS10 update this Autumn, then I'd imagine we will be able to search using voice.

As someone else has mentioned, you can browse playlists. So it's not an issue, it's intentional.

Typed on a phone

Edited by Octy09
  • Like 1