Start/Stop system-how to turn off permanently?

Had the car for two weeks and love it ... except for the start/stop system.  It is so annoying. At every stop, every traffic lights it engages.  And then you put the foot on the accelerator and you lose a momentary second or two whilst it restarts.  I loathe it!

Anyway to permanently turn it off rather than having to turn it off every time i restart the car?

Yes I agree that the start-stop on the DSG is really annoying. I had it on my old manual Hyundai i40, which was fine as the engine only stopped when it was in neutral with my foot off the clutch, but it's the only thing I really don't like about my Superb L&K.

It says in the owner's manual that applying less pressure to the brake pedal can stop the engine cutting out, but that seems inconsistent. It does seem that the only way of disabling it permanently is to find someone with VCDS.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by grebble

Yes having read up a bit in the last half an hour i think VCDS is the only way to do it.

Am i right in thinking that if i get a Ross Tech VCDS Micro-Can then i can do it myself?  

And has anyone done it successfully?

Edited by poczynek