Can anyone who has fitted a seat sport front mount help?

Hello just a quick question for anyone who has fitted a seat sport front mount intercooler after a remap did you have to get the map adjusted to suit the larger cooler and pipework? My car previously had a custom map with pd150 turbo putting down 195 bhp with stock side mount, now i have fitted the full darkside frount mount and pipework setup and it feels like i have lost power along whole rev range? Definetly no leaks it holds boost at 24 psi (used to be 26-27) cheers

Edited by Jay21Nov

You shouldn't of lost any power by changing the cooler. If anything the power should feel more constant than it used to as there will be no heat soak happening. The smic will of been heat soaked very quickly, especially with a remap and running a slightly bigger turbo. The front mounted cooler won't heat soak, or is highly unlikely to.

I can't fathom how you could of lost power...

JRJG

• Like 1

You shouldn't of lost any power by changing the cooler. If anything the power should feel more constant than it used to as there will be no heat soak happening. The smic will of been heat soaked very quickly, especially with a remap and running a slightly bigger turbo. The front mounted cooler won't heat soak, or is highly unlikely to.

I can't fathom how you could of lost power...

JRJG

That was my thoughts exactly it just doesnt accelerate as quickly especially 3.5k onwards, decided to get it dynoed hopefully this weekend cheers Edited by Jay21Nov

That was my thoughts exactly it just doesnt accelerate as quickly especially 3.5k onwards, decided to get it dynoed hopefully this weekend cheers

The fmic will cool the air more efficiently and therefore power should be much more constant compared to the smic. So after a few flat out runs the power should still be coming on tap as it did the first flat out run. I don't see why it would drop off though?

Let us know what you discover!

JRJG

Ok got a dyno run today and turns out it made 20 bhp and held peak torque a lot longer in rev range happy days

20bhp? :D

**** me it must be quick!!!! :)