Some upgrades today

Fitted bluespark box and ITG maxogen CAI today what a differnce these mods make. Big thanks to Derek (vRSgone) for giving me a great deal and quick delivery.

• Like 3

Wont upload pics from my phone will get on the laptop tonight and put them on. ITG fits fine they suggest relocating the battery and running pipe behind headlight. Ive done something a bit differnt. Pics tonight.

13735188_10209266831965502_151180022_n.j

Got a long piece of heavy duty flexipipe from work, the heat from the engine is no problem for this stuff. Removed the stock intake housing and used a hacksaw to remove the plastic tabs inside and make the hole big enough to get the piping through.

13819867_10209275033330531_378423971_n.j

Sat it nice and low where the grill is open. Put some fine metal mesh over the end to stop crap getting in. Secured with cable ties and tidied with some tape.

13820587_10209267416500115_847902354_n.j

The end result. Bluespark box was easy enough to install just follow instructions requires you to take apart some pipe work for access but nothing major.

Having 2.75" turbo back custom exhaust with sports flow cat made on 23rd August and will then probably get a proper remap from APR Manchester a few months after that. New alloys being delivered Monday. 

• Like 2

13735188_10209266831965502_151180022_n.j

Got a long piece of heavy duty flexipipe from work, the heat from the engine is no problem for this stuff. Removed the stock intake housing and used a hacksaw to remove the plastic tabs inside and make the hole big enough to get the piping through.

13819867_10209275033330531_378423971_n.j

Sat it nice and low where the grill is open. Put some fine metal mesh over the end to stop crap getting in. Secured with cable ties and tidied with some tape.

13820587_10209267416500115_847902354_n.j

The end result. Bluespark box was easy enough to install just follow instructions requires you to take apart some pipe work for access but nothing major.

Having 2.75" turbo back custom exhaust with sports flow cat made on 23rd August and will then probably get a proper remap from APR Manchester a few months after that. New alloys being delivered Monday. 

glad everything worked out OK. I like the the new air intake arrangement. What setting do you have the Bluespark on? Just in case you hadn't figured, because the instructions don't mention, the dial adjuster (0-9) are just tenths of the jumper adjustment, so that you can really fine tune it.

glad everything worked out OK. I like the the new air intake arrangement. What setting do you have the Bluespark on? Just in case you hadn't figured, because the instructions don't mention, the dial adjuster (0-9) are just tenths of the jumper adjustment, so that you can really fine tune it.

I've Left it on map 4 where it was. I started at 1 and ended up turning up to 9. Think ill get my OBD2 elm reader and torque app out soon and do some 0-60 runs on the various settings and compare the times and generally play around with it and see what feels best. Torque app gives a HP reading too, but I'm not entirely confident its very accurate.

• Like 1

I noticed mainly the torque increase on 4-9 and turbo seemed to kick in earlier.

have just driven a normal drive down b roads to my girlfriends in sport mode on max setting 5-9. I hooked up my OBD2 to my torque app on my phone got a reading of 218.9hp up from 192.6hp max stock reading. Didnt give it full beans today so think could get a higher reading. However like i said i have no idea how accurate a cheap app on my phone is.

I Couldnt get a 0-60 in as roads busy so couldnt stop anywhere. Maybe i can on the way home.

No, but im starting to wish i had... Only paid £125 from eBay

If you've got a problem speak to Edd at Bluespark. He's very approachable & very knowledgeable. I would say of all the companies I've ever dealt with for aftersales, Bluespark are probably No1 in my book.

• Like 1

Had a spirited drive home just now. Lost all power high revs in s4... major skoda service dsg upgrade including spark plugs 700 miles ago. Maybe I should turn the box back down.

Take care if it is the Skoda OEM NGK plugs fitted at the Service.

I would imagine so...  was done at Skoda dealership and I didn't request anything different. Have heard a lot about spark plug issues. I'll have a look bad through the forums and see what uprated ones people recommend. I also remember reading something about regapping to 0.6mm. Maybe that will be my next upgrade. :p