Some upgrades today

Worked really well in the A3, and will in many engines, even the Spark Plug REVO Recommend fitting to a 1.4 TSI Twincharger with Stage 1.

IMO Bad recommendation from REVO, just like their Stage 1 was bad for a Twincharger,

at least this advice was good, but they really should have said, 'even if you have a good engine our Remap may kill it'.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

Beware, because they might only last 5,000-7,000 miles in a 1.4 TSI TWincharger, or at least one plug might only.

the DENSO Spark Plugs might cost between £12-£15 each, but can be trusted for over 20,000 miles in aTwincharger.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Thanks for all the info guys. Annual milage is probably only 5-6k (i live 4 miles from work) so the spark plugs wearing put quick wont be to much bother for me. I hope haha

A little advice.

That is exactly when you need to watch your spark plugs. 

Your oil and engine is not reaching efficient operating temperature.

Over a week of short journeys with the car running rich on short journeys the plugs get oiled a little and sooty and 

if you do a bit longer trip you are cooking one particular plug.

So a good boot a day gets the plugs nice and hot and clean and when you park up the plugs are lovely when you cold start next time.

Its a good excuse to take your car for a late night blast, get the oil hot and enjoy the engine.

Had a spirited drive home just now. Lost all power high revs in s4... major skoda service dsg upgrade including spark plugs 700 miles ago. Maybe I should turn the box back down.

Maybe check the plug gap? Mine was 0.8mm on brand new Denso SK20's .   I initially suspected my Bluespark box was to blame, but when I removed it, misfire still occurred, but not quite as bad. I phoned Bluespark Tech Support (they were brilliant) - and here's what they said:-

On 21 July 2015 at 18:23, Bluespark Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Derek,

I remember you really quite vividly and hope that you are well (other than this issue obviously).

Misfires on the 1.4 TSI are very common and almost always related to spark problems.

Increasing boost pressure almost always aggravates this issue, and whilst its possible that the box could have developed a fault, I would say that a spark problem is far more likely.

Fortunately though these issues are very easily solved. You usually just need to re-gap the spark plugs (or replace them with ones with the correct gap). We recommend running a 0.6mm plug gap.

There is some more information about this in this thread: 

From the factory VAG used to recommend a 0.9mm gap, now due to misfiring issues with standard cars they recommend 0.8mm gaps. Obviously as with any engine the gaps tend to open up over time as the plugs get worn away.

If you could possibly check your plug gaps and let me know what they are currently I would really appreciate it. I would be very surprised if re-gapping to 0.6mm/0.65mm didn't solve the problem, but obviously if not I will be more than happy to check over your box thoroughly and repair or replace it for you.

Best regards,

Edd

I took the opportunity to replace my plugs with Denso  SKJ20CR as recommended by George (Goneoffski) & regapped them to 0.6mm as per recommendation of Bluespark.
Result? No more misfiring no matter how hard i thrash it.
Thanks George (goneoffski) & Edd (Bluespark)
  • Like 1

I have found the problem, the car appears to have had a box on previously as the boost sensor plug was slightly damaged. The Bluespark plugs will not fit well enough to the car's plugs to connect. It took 2 days for the pending code to show up in torque pro. Scanned with a better code reader and confirmed the problem (5 DTC's). I disconnected the bluespark and put the stock plug back on, cleared the codes and all is normal. I am going to try using jumper wires to connect the box to the damaged plugs because I dont feel like hacking the plugs to make them fit.

13735188_10209266831965502_151180022_n.j

Got a long piece of heavy duty flexipipe from work, the heat from the engine is no problem for this stuff. Removed the stock intake housing and used a hacksaw to remove the plastic tabs inside and make the hole big enough to get the piping through.

13819867_10209275033330531_378423971_n.j

Sat it nice and low where the grill is open. Put some fine metal mesh over the end to stop crap getting in. Secured with cable ties and tidied with some tape.

13820587_10209267416500115_847902354_n.j

The end result. Bluespark box was easy enough to install just follow instructions requires you to take apart some pipe work for access but nothing major.

Having 2.75" turbo back custom exhaust with sports flow cat made on 23rd August and will then probably get a proper remap from APR Manchester a few months after that. New alloys being delivered Monday.

Is this a cave engine or cthe

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great info.

Have orderd the desno plugs and gapping tool. Will give update when fitted.

For now have turned box down to 2/9 no misfire on these settings.