Bonnet Release Lever

Just a quick queery, noticed today that my bonnet release lever in the passenger footwell seems really quite loose and flimsy, the lever pulls strong enough and does its job but the plastic seems almost not fitted correctly. Also on the back of the lever on the top bit there seems to be a large hole but after looking on line at other models etc seems there should possibly be a retaining clip in there.

So

A ) Is anyone else's handle flimsy?

B ) Do they have the gap on the rear of the lever or do they have a retaining clip in there?

Thx in advance Rich

post-145693-0-36271600-1469999137_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Forge

Stealthily popped into main dealer today and checked there showroom model and it was the same :sweat:  oh well not the end of the world but I am surprised at the quality.

Stealthily popped into main dealer today and checked there showroom model and it was the same :sweat:  oh well not the end of the world but I am surprised at the quality.

Dressed like that I Can understand how no-one noticed you. Probably thought you were a MC.

I used to find that that was an excellent plan, saves embarrassment and hopefully gives you a strong point to argue from!