Front brakes binding

Hi guys/girls, ok vrs mk 1 failed mot on quite a few things, most are easy fixes for me except for one... front brakes are binding on both sides??? Has anyone had this problem them selves who could give me advice?? Not sounding daft but I know about greasing up sliders with silicone grease and copper greasing the guides for the brake pads but I've read somewhere about it could be the brake servo if so is it a common fault??? and is it easy to get to or is it a garage job any advice,guides or help would be fantastic! oh and hand brake has travel too but knew that as I can lift it completely up but i have bought new cables for both sides so will loosen off the sized side and refit both accordingly.. tia Lee

Hopefully it will just be the pads tight in the calipers, do you know when it last had pads on the front?

When I bought my car,which had full skoda dealer SH,the front brake pads needed knocking out with a hammer they were so tight in the carriers :(

thanks lads, god knows coskev! im going to get her up on the stands tomoz and  gunna try the usual tests then try what the lads say. praying to mar that its only the sliders on both sides but since its both ns and os  not confident that it is!!! :sweat:   :peek:   :angel: