Dash Cam, leave it mounted when parked up?

I finally bit the built & purchased a dash cam after too many near misses & after hearing a few horror stories!! I got a Nextbase 512g Ultra & it's hardwired into the car. My question is do you guys dismount it & store it out of site when you park up or do you leave it in position? Will it attract Un - wanted attention & have my car broken in to??

My Thinkware F770 doesn't lend itself to being removed that easily. I leave it in there all the time as it monitors things when parked up. It's also not too obvious to the casual passer by. The rear camera cannot be removed at all, unless you rip it and its sticky pad off the glass. 

Lots of dashcams have the ability to blink when in operation. That's the first thing that's turned off as I don't want to attract attention to it! 

• Like 2

Given my recent experience in France I'd recommend a discreet permanent installation front & back.  I had a near miss today (oncoming driver speeding & on wrong side of the road on a bend) which reminded me that I really must fit one.  My insurance excess would cost about the same as a self-install.

Edited by Legacy

Blackvue user. Leave in and leave on. Has a power sensor which turns off if battery falls too low (from memory 11.2v). But that means it runs for two or three days if parked and some pesky varmint tries to interfere, or a poor parker cluncks me.

• Like 1