2007 Fabia 3 Cruise control not working

Probably one for Ross but will post up anyway and see if he knows.

The cruise control on my 2007 Fabia 3 has never worked since I picked it up. The light doesn't show up on the dash but not sure if it does on the 2007 model.

I've tested the switch with VCDS as I thought it might have been broken but the live data shows the on, off and cancel all working and the + and - speed settings both responding.

I've coded it back in to see if it helps but doesn't work, I've checked the brake lights which all work and scanned the full car for faults, nothing relating to brake pedal switch or clutch switch.

Anything els to check?

Have you checked clutch and brake switch operation with VCDS?

I haven't actually, was to busy checking the actual switch with VCDS and only testing the clutch and brake physically by visual inspection of the brake lights.

I guess 6Q0 is fine?

I selected all of the switches that go like this..

- CCS Main Switch

- CCS Main switch

- CC +

- CC -

- brake switch

- throttle position

- clutch switch

When I press the brake the cc reads 17.0 and goes back to 0.01 (I think) which I'm not sure about?

All the switches work and change when you mess about apart from CCS main switch (second one)

But I'm not sure why it's listed twice, might be an error on my behalf.

Edited by hutchysrs50

• 4 weeks later...

I can't help on th diagnostic front (other than suggesting swearing at it and making treats of physical violence unless it bucks its ideas up), but I can confirm that my 2007 does not show a crusie control light or symbol on the dash either.

Edited by MrVillage
  • Like 1

I can't help on th diagnostic front (other than suggesting swearing at it and making treats of physical violence unless it bucks its ideas up), but I can confirm that my 2007 does not show a crusie control light or symbol on the dash either.

I've got no update either really... the switch works perfectly fine, clutch and brake switches both work fine and give good readings.

doesnt matter what you press on the stalk, it just doesn't do anything.

I think it only works over 20/30 mph? Silly question but have you tried it at these speeds ? I know one some cars there is a neutral position sensor on the gearbox, this could have failed?

The point of the sensor is that you could potentially knock it out of gear while on cruise, without using the clutch or brake, then if the car was in neutral it would try to accelerate (leading to it revving hard until you knock the cruise off)

I can also confirm on my 2007 that there's no light saying its on or off

On our 2010 TSI I had intermittent operation and then no operation. Thought the stalk was kaput like had happened on my Superb.

However, you can prise the stalk apart amd get the PCB out. It was then that I noticed that the grease they had put on the switch was full of grit. It was shorting the pads out and giving the car a CAN Hi and a CAN Lo signal at the same time. Confused the heck out of it! Cleaned up and back to working happily.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Sorry to revisit an old thread but this sounds like the exact same issue I'm having (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/462808-cruise-control-not-working/?_fromLogin=1). I just wondered if you ever managed to get the cruise working again.

I've been to mechanic again yesterday and we used VDCS again and managed to get into engine 01 and coding 07 long coding helper un-ticked ccs cycled key off went back in and reactivated and still nothing. 

So far had - new battery not changed anything, changed all fuses related to cruise control, brake lights still work and mechanic says he has tested switch both from ecu and brake lights and it is OK (automatic so no clutch switch) no stored codes at all on VDCS. Been on switch on VDCS and pressing all the buttons shows the codes change as you use switch only thing I could see which didn't alter was that ecu shows 1 all the time (i did wonder if it could still be a fault switch or brake switch and no errors being stored).

Not sure what to try next apart from replacing random parts. Mechanic seems to think may be best getting Skoda main dealer diagnostics as their machines are a lot more advanced than VDCS. Before I go to that cost or an auto electrician just checking if this ever got resolved. 

Thanks 

David 

Edited by Fabia00
  • Like 1