Help me please

Help me please I'm bloody sick

I have just bought my first skoda about a week ago and had nothing but hassle with it,

Let's just say the previous Keeper was working with a very very limited budget lol

Right when I first got it about a week ago it had a flat spot and a splutter at about 2500-3000 rpm and since then it has just got worse and worse,

Now it is really annoying

I took it to a local auto electrics place who put it on the computer and it came back as (running lean) and he said most likely needs a new MAF sensor,

I'm also not overly sure about the condition of the turbo,

Sorry about the extent of the post but I'm sick to death lol

Unplug the MAF & take it for a run & if it runs better the MAF is dead, if it doesn't make any difference the MAF is ok.

Running lean would have me checking for split boost/vacuum piping, which is very common.

Unplug the MAF & take it for a run & if it runs better the MAF is dead, if it doesn't make any difference the MAF is ok.

Running lean would have me checking for split boost/vacuum piping, which is very common.

I will try that tomorrow, thank you for your help

I will try that tomorrow, thank you for your help

Further on what Paul said, some of the vacuum pipes that need checking need to be checked manually, because the places where they are most likely to fail literally can not be seen whilst the pipe is on the car.

Further on what Paul said, some of the vacuum pipes that need checking need to be checked manually, because the places where they are most likely to fail literally can not be seen whilst the pipe is on the car.

If I'm honest mate it's doing my head in,

This is my first skoda and my first turbo car so half this stuff means very little to me lol,

But I will do some searching and get it sorted in the end

You can often hear hissing in the engine bay when there's a split vacuum pipe so with the engine at idle have a good listen around, particularily the inlet manifold area where there's a bunch of small vacuum pipes that are notorious for failing.

You can often hear hissing in the engine bay when there's a split vacuum pipe so with the engine at idle have a good listen around, particularily the inlet manifold area where there's a bunch of small vacuum pipes that are notorious for failing.

I will mate thank you