Remote locking not working

Many posts on this subject. All my doors lock/unlock manually with key. I managed to free up the rear tailgate lock and this is now working and locks/unlocks the other doors.

The interior light works as it should. The wing mirrors work as they should. The door buzzer goes off if door is open and lights are on. The open door warning works in the dash display. All the windows work from the switch panel.

The LED's flash after manually locking. The key LED flashes as it should.

I am wondering what other checks I can do to isolate the problem and a fix?

I have only one original key. I have not had remote central locking since getting the car.

The fog lights do not work. Pretty much everything else has been fixed that was not working so would be good to overcome this.

Any ideas?

May be the key needs to pair with the control module in the car? Specially if some one before you has replaced Confort control module (which is in charge for central locking). If you have anyone with VCDS (diagnostics) near you it should be 5 minute job. If you would have spare key, which unfortunately you don`t have, you could do pairing on your own without VCDS very easily.

Good luck!

You can code the key to the car with only the one key, well you can on Audis and VWs, so assume its the same.

From memory you press and hold the unlock button, put the key into the ignition and ignition on (keep the button held throughout), keep it in that position with the button held for over 3 seconds, then turn off the key, pull it out and then release the button.

Theres also a way of coding it using the door, think its an identical process apart from you lock the door first, keep the key in the barrel, hold the unlock button, turn the key to unlock the car and hold it there for over two seconds, remove key and then release button.

As I say, thats just from memory so it might differ slightly so apologies if it doesn't work  :sweat:

I've also seen a few VAG cars where the key fob only unlocks the car when you hold it at the lower corner of the front windscreen, at the drivers side.

That key combination does not work unfortunately. All the windows open/shut if you hold the key in position so I believe all functionality is there except the radio signal is not recognised.

I have a VCDS Lite but it cannot find the controller. It does find Engine controller and no faults there. Other controllers re Comfort module or Central locking are "not found".

Many thanks but as I said above the VCDS cannot find the Comfort Control Module controller "controller not found" ..... ? So is the module damaged or do I need something else fixed?

• 6 years later...

Sorry I think I am on a similar issue; my car has never had a remote for locking (bought from new and neither of the 2 keys were the radio controlled ones) but is a 1.8T Elegance model fully loaded otherwise (VIN number TMBBL41U218441253). Is there any case that my comfort module ECU has the function for remote locking and it is only the key programming with VCDS missing? If not how can I exactly retrofit to remote locking? I searched already the forum but I am not sure I fully understood the process. By the way if using a OEM kit like the BKA 093019 I am not happy with the extra fob I will need to carry beyond the key.

Thanks so so much to any guru sheds some light 🙂