DAB drop outs & other Octy problems

Well I have finally solved the DAB drop outs on my Scout, similarly I have cured the wind whistle from the driver's door, the water inside the doors after rain, the candle powered headlights, the missing front parking sensors and the power fold mirrors!

How? I have changed my Scout for a Leon FR 184 DSG and got back all the good things my Mk2 Leon had.

I'll keep watching this forum but will probably spend a lot of my time on seatcupra.net forum

• Like 2

I've given up on the DAB on the O3 estate, it is all because of the antenna in the N/S/R quarterlight not being up to the job. If you live an area with low to medium DAB signal (i.e. there are hills that create shadow) then you will get regular dropouts.

Here is another thing, the radio sounds much better in the Leon, as the infotainment heads are the same it must be the speakers or the acoustics which make the music sound better.

Re: DAB drop out - Happens all the time in the same places but when I had a service courtesy Fabia last week it didn't drop once doing the same routes :(

Re: DAB drop out - Happens all the time in the same places but when I had a service courtesy Fabia last week it didn't drop once doing the same routes :(

Which mirrors my experience exactly. If you search there is a rather long thread about this and I even graphed the signal strength with VCDS. The Fabia has a roof mounted antenna, makes a world of difference - the integrated glass mounted ones are just pants in comparison.

I have finally solved my DAB problems. I purchased a Kinetic MagnetwiG DMA-1004 and the removal tools for the MIB. The unamplified antenna is now plugged straight into my MIB unit. The Fakre is as I thought an SMB socket with plastic around it. It plugs in to the MIB perfectly without any adaptation. The performance is now as good as the O2 with Columbus and the exterior antenna. The next job is to source a roof mounted antenna that has performance equal to the DMA1004. I tried a cheap mag mount first but this is in a different league. The difficulty is that the reviews put this as the best DAB antenna available across the types. I want to loose the cable over the roof but not the performance!.

• Like 1