Engines f#*#*d

Xzylo

Economy in the vRS is pretty good unless driving with a heavy right foot.

I've managed 40mpg once with the brand new sparks.... usually getting 24-27mpg sometimes over 30 on longer journeys could of been down to having a knackered engine however.

I've managed 40mpg once with the brand new sparks.... usually getting 24-27mpg sometimes over 30 on longer journeys could of been down to having a knackered engine however.

40 should be easily achievable on longer trips if you're getting a clear run.

Finally got my car back today (8 days later) got a 2 year warrenty on all parts replaced and works that have been carried out.

However as they failed to give me a proper invoice u have no idea what parts have been replaced and what work has been carried out.... Phoned up to query have been informed it will all be posted to me soon along with the warrenty paperwork.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's horrendous fuel economy! Must be because the engine is knackered. My commute is about 16/17 miles and involves some stop start traffic combined with some heavy right foot action and I still get mid to high 30's and sometimes low 40's if I'm feeling frugal. Hopefully that will improve now with a new engine.

• Like 1

Getting 35mpg on short journeys now. Havent done a long trip yet but already seems much improved. This engine work might pay for itself by the end of the year.

• Like 1