Graeme P Chatham Ltd - Halbeath

DGW

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had SWMBO's car in a couple of weeks ago for some warranty work.

The heated rear window switch was a bit sticky and both front seats squeaked.

A courtesy car was offered (but we didn't need it) and our car was all ready and waiting when we returned to collect it. Both problems had been fixed and it had been washed.

The service guy explained to SWMBO what they had done (I was off arranging a test drive in an Octy vRS ;) ).

No complaints at all about the service recieved (sales staff seem nice too after my drive in the Octy) and I will definitely be taking the Fabia there for it's first service.

:thumbup:

• 10 months later...

Just thought I'd give a quick update since the Fabia has now been in for it's first service and some more warranty work.

Can't remember much about when it was in for a service to be honest (it was 4 months ago!) but I can say that the cost was reasonable and the car was ready on time and was washed.

It was in recently to fix a 'misting' problem. As soon as I phoned and spoke to the service guy (I presume he must be the service manager although he is quite young) he knew exactly what I was talking about and advised me to check the carpets to see if they were damp (which I had already done following advice from here) and offered a possible explanation to what the cause was.

It was booked in very quickly and I was offered a courtesy car, even though I only gave 2 days notice (my VW garage need about a month to guarantee a courtesy car!).

When we arrived to pick the car up we were a bit earlier than we said we would be, so it wasn't ready.

We were offered free drinks and biscuits and they completed the work about 30mins before we had said we would arrive.

The problem was explained very clearly (leaky window carriers) and it has completely cured the fault.

Massive thumbs up once again to the service dept at Chatham in Dunfermline.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just nipped in to price a new Fabia estate and have walked out with a 3 month old Octy VRS.

Cara the saleslady was a pleasure to do business with.

Would highly recommend Chathams at Halbeath. Have had all my servicing on the Fabia VRS done there, with all work carried out very well.

Top notch, cheers. Roll on the 22nd of June and my new car.

Decided to give Chathams a try after my fiasco with Newmarket Garage last year.

Asked them to replace the drivers seat cover (fraying where the fabric meets the leather), replace the glovebox lock and sort a squeak from the trim around the dials.

Went to collect it and they had replaced the seat cover (although the cable loom was hanging out the front of the seat and the centre console has a nice scratch on it), hadn't noticed that the lock was still to arrive at the garage and done nothing about the squeak.

They were very full of apologies, but I am starting to get fed up with the whole Skoda dealer thing.

Neil

• 1 month later...

Just realised this board was on the site, so I'll add my tuppence worth!

Bought a new Octavia VRS estate from Chatham's in Dunfermline last month, just hit the 1,000 mile mark at the weekend.

I wrote to Skoda after buying the car to recommend both the dealership for its sales department and Stephen Mathieson, the salesman I dealt with, in particular.

I'm one of these pain in the backside punters that speaks to all dealers before taking the plunge, and fortunately for me (living in Dunfermline) Chatham's came up with the best dealer experience of the lot.

Stephen was great during the "negotiations" and I'd certainly recommend the place to anyone else thinking of buying a new/used Skoda.

Give them a try!

My Mother-in-law, Father-in-law and sister-in-law have all bought Fabias from Cara in the last few months!

FIL moved from a 320d and loves his Fabia estate, and all 3 are full of praise for Cara.

It's a good advert for Skoda when we take our vRS to their house with four of the buggers sitting in the drive!

• 4 months later...

Hi, guys/gals,

SWMBO took delivery of class 90 today.Impresssd by dealer when doing

the deal ,not sure if he was Very happy with the overall package buy

salesman Steven. He took time to familiarise us with controls. Only done a

few miles today but I prefer this car to the Honda Accord

Hopefully Chatham Halbeath will look after car and I will report on any

updates

Fabia 3 1.4 TDi

SWMBO previous car Honda Accord 1.8 vtec sport

I drive the PUG 106 XND!!

• 3 weeks later...

Put the car in to Chathams for a couple of warranty items, the glovebox lock mentioned a few posts above and the low coolant level light coming on (and to fit a new back bumper after an Octy/Bollard interface):(

Got to say the service from the new service manager, John, was top notch, kept me informed as to what was happening with the car, just as it should be:thumbup:

Only problem I found when I went to pick the car up on Friday was Craig (dealer principal) offered me such a good deal on a new vRS I just couldn't say no. Was passed onto Steven to finalise the figures and he seems a top notch bloke.

Just got the long, long wait until the new car gets built and delivered.

• 3 months later...

Had to take the car in for a service and once again I am pleased to say that the level of service was very good.

The service was free, as arranged to make the origional sale sweeter, and the warranty work required to fix the faulty rear parking sensor was completed swiftly.

I can only hope that the dealership continues to provide cracking service, otherwise I'll have to stop making the 500 mile trip from my house(will only get it serviced by my parents as its the best garage going).

• 9 months later...

First time for the Furby getting serviced up North and it was the 4th year 'big one' with the cambelt change and MoT. Chose 'Chatham' based on the comments here and certainly not disappointed. Bright, clean dealership with coffee on tap, knowledgeable staff and very well looked after by both John (Service Manager) and Sara (Reception). A bit out of town but easy access by car (right by J3, M90) and given a lift into town. All ready on time - could have had it washed but just not worth it in this weather! Had to go back the following day to get emergent snag on brake caliper valve sorted (not their fault) and dealt with quickly with a free top up of fuel for my trouble.

Price was extremely competitive as well and even the cafe recommendation for breakfast was spot on :D. Will definitely be back :thumbup: !

• 5 months later...

Started using Chathams after having problems with West End Garage (My local Skoda dealer)

Great people to deal with.

Used them to get a few parts, and the parts manager even invited me through the back to make sure i got the right part.

Also let me borrow tools to change the ecu holder in there car park when it snapped on my way back from work one day.

Also got my radiator replaced under warrenty. They offered to pick the car up from my work, do the radiator, and return it to me before i finished, as it was on one of the salesmans way home. Never had a garage do this for me before. Great service.

Even though i didn't buy my car there. They send me info on deals etc which is good to have.

Highly recommend! :thumbup:

• 7 months later...

Have taken my Fabia to Chatham's now on two occassions, the most recent being the 40k service on my Fabia 1.4TDi.

I live north of Dundee but work in Edinburgh and always wait for the car and am very happy with the level of service. Car is always ready within the timeframe given and washed/cleaned.

I am more than happy to drive past other dealers to go to Chatham's.

• 2 months later...

Thought I’d give Graham Chatham a whirl for parts since I have recently moved jobs close to their dealership.

Called the parts department with a request for several parts (20 various bits) and was asked if I minded being called back shortly, not at all, Parts department never called back and I had to chase up the next day after sourcing the parts numbers for them.

I passed over the part numbers and asked if the parts could be VOR’d, I was told because they didn’t amount to much that wouldn’t be possible, even though the parts department wasted an entire day by ignoring my first call, cest la vie, my local (to home) dealer came up trumps as usual. Lesson learned, I'll stick to Newmarket.

• 10 months later...

Just purchased my first Skoda from Chatham at Halbeath and have to say, very impressed with the dealer. We delt with Steven Mathieson and found him very professional and not at all pushy.

Picking the car up tomorrow so will update then ! but so far, excellent.

Update : Arrived to find car beautifully clean and presented. Steven went over the order and invoice then spent time explaining the controls etc.

Without doubt the best car buying experience I have every had. We WILL be back!

Edited by queeg

• 2 weeks later...

Collected Yeti 2.0TDI CR 4x4 DSG Elegance from Steven at Halbeath on 28 Feb, and sold him back the Octy that he sold me in 2005 when he worked at Chatham Abbeyhill.

Doing the exchange proved to be very smooth and Steven was very helpfull and straightforward.

Unfortunately, the Chatham garage in Edinburgh has now moved to Sighthill, which is a lot nearer to me - hence I may have to miss all the good stuff that's been posted above about the great after-sales service you all get from Halbeath. Hopefully the Edinburgh garage will be as good.