Mystery warning light on dash?

Ok.... Just interested as to what a certain warning light is for on the dash. It's not lit up and never has but it's had me wondering for a while now what it is as it isn't mentioned in my manual or the online manual I have on the ipad. I notice it when the sun is shining on the dash and you can see the outline of all the warning lights etc within the speedo dial.

Anyway it's the one bottom left which is covered by the needle when the car is stood and the needle is at 0 mph..... Its a view of the car from above with dashed lines down the right hand side of the car and something like a wifi symbol coming out of the car on the left hand side.....

As I say I've looked in my manual and every other light is explained except this one..... As far as I can see.

Only thing I can think is it's something relating to the Park Assist??? Park Assist failed light perhaps???

Lane change assist I would say. If you start to change lanes and there's something to the side of you it warns you as far as I know. Once had a VW or Audi  hire car with it but wasn't sure how it operated.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/glossary/lane-change-assistant-side-assist

Edited by lowedb

Could be any of those couldn't it..... I'll have to try and get a picture of it and post it on here to try and help.

It's like that one on the wing mirror but the Wi-Fi style beam is coming out from the opposite side in the bottom left corner and there are dashed lines up the right hand side of the car symbol. That's why I assumed it was more a park assist thing as the bream is going out towards the kerb rather than another lane..... If you see what I mean.

I'm assuming anyone can see it on their own superb dashboard rather than just mine as I haven't got any of the above options only park assist.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Just been out to try and take a pic but It's covered by the speedo needle so can't see it on a picture and the sun isn't out so the unlit lights aren't visible in a picture anyway.

It's below the washer fluid low light and to the left of the brake pads warning light....

So the bottom row of lights are L to R..... This mystery light... Brake pads low light... Battery light... Low fuel light.

I've seen it on mine too, never lit up though. I simply assumed it was a feature not fitted to UK models of the Superb.

I too always assumed it was the blind spot detect (BSD) feature now seen on lots of newer cars...

https://media.skoda-auto.com/EN/motorsport/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/pressrelease.aspx?ID=827

Su_tech_003_Blind_Spot_Detect_jpg.jpg

Edited by silver1011

It's like that one on the wing mirror but the Wi-Fi style beam is coming out from the opposite side in the bottom left corner and there are dashed lines up the right hand side of the car symbol. That's why I assumed it was more a park assist thing as the bream is going out towards the kerb rather than another lane..... If you see what I mean.

Left hand drive versus right hand drive?

Either way I'm not sure it was ever fitted to the MkII Superb. It is often the case that the dash is set-up for features that never eventually make it onto the car.

Edited by silver1011

It could be Silver.... Although it isn't the same as the symbols used in all the images I can find for the lane change kit on VAG cars.... Also it is on a car built in 2010 so is this too early for the blind spot detection systems that VAG use now?

I've drawn it roughly to show what it looks like.....

post-9093-0-68021500-1471814335_thumb.jpg

Edited by WaveyDavey

It could be Silver.... Although it isn't the same as the symbols used in all the images I can find for the lane change kit on VAG cars.... Also it is on a car built in 2010 so is this too early for the blind spot detection systems that VAG use now?

I've drawn it roughly to show what it looks like.....

Going by your picture it must be 'Side assist' http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/proximity-sensing/side-assist

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/glossary/lane-change-assistant-side-assist

As the instrument cluster is shared with some VW vehicles it looks like it was never fitted to Skoda models.

Edited by cnc