best polybush rear engine mount octavia vrs

Oh yeah, I've got a thermostat to do at the same time lol. Just trying to get it all done when the manifold is off as it should be easier to get into other things.

Well that's the plan and hoping it won't take as long as 3 days but I know it's a big job.

well good luck.

Take a look here mate, hopefully my thread might help you, even a little: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/396570-replacing-intake-manifold-done-some-tips/

I have the yellow powerflex insert and it's great. Makesee for better shifting. I also have a short shifter fitted which has also enhanced the shifting. Very easy to fit also. Good mod.

Done and dusted with my valve cleaning, didn't do the stat but did the injector seals, pump follower and cleaning.

All in took roughly 10 hours and about an hour of that was trying to plug in the 2 plugs I forgot to put on under the manifold and doing adaptation on the swirl flaps.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i got the ecs insert with new stretch bolt. ive heard these inserts can be adversely affected by not using the correct torque on the nut. mine was 75 ish plus extra 45deg (this was a few months ago so dont quote me on exact figures) which i presumed was the stretch - i see youve re used your original bolt though, so im not sure what difference that would make. 

mine made a massive difference to the drive which i could easily notice by about 50 yards up the road! i used to get horrible vibrations on biting point - if i was reversing very slowly up a hill it was a nightmare!! much much better now.

also fitted an adjustable cheap ebay short shifter for around 34 quid - another amazing upgrade for little outlay, set mine to roughly 3/4 of maximum travel reduction and its so much better now.