Dans black magic!

dan281082

figured is start a thread just encase i sell her on here someone can see the love ive put into the old slag. i was looking for a car that was fun for me a practical for me  son to go camping, octavia vrs fitted the bill

this is her when i bought her 

IMAG0010_zpsd16wxkdo.jpg

about 100k remapped and other wise unmolested the guys father owned a garage so always looked after there,maybe good maybe bad thing depends how honest the garage is! 

anyway after plugging in my scanner realized it needed door locks on 2 doors so knocked him down.  and off i drove smiling my arse off at my first turbo car.

few days later i had a issue felt like clutch but was very adamant it wasnt so did some checks cleaned throttle body, replaced plugs had a smoke check done showed leaky inter cooler so that was replaced, gsf sent me wrong one so i had to buy new map sensor! all fitted still same issue so i had to admit defeat and face facts it was clutch. luckily someone local was selling a g60 setup result went and bought that had a local mechanic fit it for me (beyond my limits) hey presto  cars smooth as silk!

• Like 1

started reading on here and what ya know i wanted to start modding!

first was creations motorsport new silicone pipe set in blue. 

wrap the grill black and tine the front lights quite happy with the results

IMAG0227_zpsesq7rupg.jpg

then mot time!  so needed number plate light thats a pain in the arse rusty ass screw. ! indicator bulbs. brake hoses and ball joint. 

so both hoses front replaced.and both front ball joints whilst there i slapped the tt bushes in the wishbone

also after the restest sorted the advisories which was play in track rod one side so replaced the track rods and ball joints,

• Like 1

next mod was dogbone mount did both bushes **** me wasnt there some vibrations!!   so off it came and loosened it up a bit much better but i can still feel it . also now theres a slight rattle when i pull away not sure what that is yet. 

then  i fitted a catch can bought off here sanded and sprayed black ,also fount a forge 008 dv sweet! forge are local to me so popped in there for service kit and some ne screws and fitted her in

IMAG0026_zpsbim9ovo0.jpg

next i did some logging stupidly on the torque app notcied some serious drop off and end of revs, so after some descussions decided to take to round corer to badger 5. he smoke tested it id left the catch can open (doh) rolling road showed 196.8bhp he was happy that the map was reading right. i was slightly narked it was only 196bhp! so i conviced myself om happy with 196.8! 

or did i

then there was the gearing decided i needed to put some draft design bushes in and the shifter bracket bushes for some reason! (bored) took some fiddling to get the gears back to normal after !

then went the new skoda badges and lcr splitter

IMAG0030_zpsvqpge89e.jpg

found a second hand 24mm whiteline rarb fitted it wrong ! refitted it correctly not so much like a boat now!

more time on my back found a decat ,3" not a bad fitting job just one bolt is a pain in the arse nice sound to it too, 

Edited by dan281082
  • Like 1

had a wee service. 

then went about finding mods for the few more ponies to take me over 200bhp. thats all i want honest!  cai was fitted with a s2000 filter sounded great, but just too big, so bought a nice k&n .... horn was a pain

next hunting for a sfs tip finally found one so off i went read everything i could on fitting them and set about it, old one off new one squeezed into position and bugger me if it didnt just slide onto the turbo i was smiling my ass off. ....until i went to fit the hose clip on the bottom kept sliding off about a hour i tossed around with it then remembered about  someone saying try some sandpaper so i did and it worked! with this and the cai the sound is nice not to keen on the dump valve noise but ill live with it. 

then hunt for the exhaust bingo found one miltek fecking miles away after some hassle on my side trying to get the thing jason kindly packed it up and i had it delivered, 

yesterday was fitting day decided to do it myself  cant be that hard'?  it want but it was at the same time. why skoda fitted the exhaust before the subframe i do not know! ended up cutting the exhaust in 3 places to get it off. luckily fitting was peace of ****! now i have my 3" decat mated up with the 2.75 milltek non res,  nice burble around town and hit the loud peddle at 3000pm wow it kicks like a mule!!

and this is her all clean for once. 

IMG_20160723_183950_zps07khqisv.jpg

next up fmic and maybe just maybe stage 2!!  and also get someone to weld a sports cat into the decat not messing around with swapping cats over at mot time!!

Edited by dan281082
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...