Newbie from New Zealand

urq20v

Hi Guys,great forum!My wife and I have recently moved from Auckland to Portsmouth where she has taken up a new position at a Local hospital.

I have purchased a 3 month old silver Fabia vRS from the local Seat dealer here while at first intending to buy a new Leon TDi 140 sport.Having driven a vRS back in NZ,I couldnt resist when it turned up on the yard.I would have preferred black,but silver will be fine!

We covered 4000 Km over the Christmas/New Year period driving to Italy and back!I was absolutely blown away how easily the vRS ate up the miles.Economy was fantastic.Traveling at between 130-170Kmh most of the time,we averaged 48mpg!

Ive been a VAG fan for many years,but this is my first diesel.I am very impressed!Up until we left NZ,I owned an A4,S2,RS4 and ex Germany quattro rally car,but I have bought my baby with me,a black 1990 urquattro 20v (RR) turbo.

I am sold on the Fabia vRS,and cant wait to add a little more "performance" over the next few months.

Rex

...but I have bought my baby with me,a black 1990 urquattro 20v (RR) turbo... Rex

Hi Rex :)

Strangely enough, our "exported" member took his car with him to NZ :rofl:

Are you going to let the Mrs join? :agree: We females are always touting for new members of our own sort to keep you menfolk in order :rofl: I ask particularly because Pixi is a nurse (not sure of proper title) on the Isle of Wight who's counting down the hours till her new Fabia arrives :thumbup:

Regards

Mo

Thanks for the welcome!Mo,while my wife enjoys driving the Fabia vRS,she unfortunately is not a car enthusiast.However the enthusiastic "woohoo" she let out the first time she floored the vRS in third gear,shows some possibilities!

Rex

Thanks for the welcome!Mo' date='while my wife enjoys driving the Fabia vRS,she unfortunately is not a car enthusiast.However the enthusiastic "woohoo" she let out the first time she floored the vRS in third gear,shows some possibilities!

Rex[/quote']

Tee hee! You'll be cycling to work soon then ;) Best buy another one quick :D although it could be a bit expensive, i.e. improvements for two cars... LOL.

Good luck with those by the way; there's a lot of info on here about various aspects :thumbup:

Mo