Help with paint colour please!

Hi everyone, 1st post.

Got the Mrs a Fabia-III Monte-Carlo. I wasn't brand new it has 5600 miles on it, and couple of very tiny paint chips which I would like to sort out.

I'm having a problem verifying the colour, The tyre well sticker say's LS9R, which comes up as Glacier white tri colour pearl metallic.
It's defiantly not a metallic, and I'm not so sure it's Candy White either.

So I was thinking it might be it's Laser White as it's very bright white not cream or warm.
20160811_072334.jpg
Can anyone help?

Regards to all: Jez

Welcome to the forum.

Candy White is LF9E.

LS9R is Moon White is it not?

Why not just buy your touch up from the Skoda Parts desk, and if they supply wrong from the Code on the Label in the boot there is something far wrong.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

That was a very quick reply and thank you.

I searched about moon white and it said it was Metallic, so may be it's not!
I'll probably take your advise and buy from the Skoda Parts desk as you have suggested.

Cheers...Jez

If you buy touch up paint from your dealer as above, you'll have the added bonus of getting the very same paint that the factory uses on your car. Many third party paints are not the same as the factory paint and use cheaper components in them which 'go off' over time making the stone chip more noticeable again. I also found the dealer supplied paint touch ups were cheaper too. 

• Like 1

It colour matches the factory paint or should, and then you would have comeback if not, 

and should be OK for chips if not just painted onto bare metal already with corrosion setting in. This is for Paint / Corrosion Warranties.

It is not the same paint as used in the factory though, because the solvent is different from the water based system in the factory.

Thanks for all the good advise, "GoneOffski" and "Estate Man".
The tiny chips I feel are not severe enough warrant any corrosion concern, but a good point! 

Searches to find the correct paint were taking me totally in the wrong direction.

We hired a Fabia 1.2 SE Estate while in Malta, we were impressed with fuel consumption and it was still quite lively.
So we bought this Fabia Monte Carlo for the wife she loves it!
Dsc_0370.jpg

She used to have a Corsa 1.2 SXi was very disappointing driving experience and fuel economy.

I will be ordering paint on the basis of the info given on the boot label if it's correct then good!

The confusion remains. One thing I am sure of is that my car is not metallic! "Moon white" as suggested by Skoda configuration page is Metallic costs a lot more!

SkodaUK%20page%20moon%20wht.jpg

Well it seems I'm wrong. It is as "Goneoffski" and "sifre" have suggested "Moon White" metallic.

You need a magnifying glass or jewellers loupe to see the metallic particles!

The paint is a two pot kit with a base that dries non shiny, and a clear coat to go on top of that.

Thanks to you all for the help, I wish someone had pointed this out sooner. Skoda dealer also explained when I questioned it.

And thanks "threadbear" Let's hope she keeps it this way.

Cheers to all.......Jez

Edited by Jezmilner
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 04/09/2016 at 09:02, Auric Goldfinger said:

What are the codes 2Y2Y. I always thought 2Y2Y was the paint code 

My Superb 3 is moon white with a code of LS9R-2Y2Y ... seems you need the codes from both sides of the line when ordering