Replacing fog light on mk2 pre-facelift VRS?

I've had a broken NS lamp for some time and have ordered a replacement.

From my previous post, I think it's a bumper removal job, is this easy to do as I've never removed a bumper before?

Thanks

Jez

Edited by JezF1000

How small are your hands?

Have a feel around first...

I believe it is easier to remove the front wheel and inner wheel arch liner rather than removing the whole bumper.

Try removing this piece first...

$_1.JPG

You might be able to then access the retaining screws...

s-l225.jpg

* note that this is a facelift fog light which has slightly different mounting points to the pre-FL.

Edited by silver1011

I replaced mine by taking out the head light and going in through the lower grille to undo the two top screws. You can undo the lower screw via a whole in the underside of the front bumper. Take the lamp out of the lower grille also, you have to unscrew the back off the fog lamp to get it out. It's a but fiddly but not to hard.

Edited by yamjam

Well I tried accessing via headlamp removal and that is a no goer for me. So either I think now wheel arch liner removal - or take to garage!

I do need to ensure I have the right lamp unit though as I bought it from ECP last week - so need to do something swiftly!

I did it last week. Remove headlight to see what I was doing and removed the lower grill side pieces and using a 1/4 drive socket with torx bit to undo the two top bolts and the lower third bolt was accessed via the hole under bumper. 20 min job each side.