Turbo back exhaust

skinnyman

I'm going to get an exhaust system for the Octavia.  I've decided to go for a turbo back system with a sports cat from a place in Leeds that has a good reputation (Tony Banks).

One thing I'm not sure about is the need for a remap at the same time?  I am going to get a custom map from RS Tuning in Leeds once I've saved up again but this may be a few months after the exhaust has been fitted.

Can anyone see a problem with running the car for a while with the new exhaust fitted until I get the funds together for the remap?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

I don't think there will be a problem as long as you don't thrash it, even if you do I can't see any problems happening

All the extra remap is for is to take advantage of the extra flow from the lower cell cat

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

if you have TDi engine, you don't need to worry.

if you have petrol engine, it most likely changed exhaust back-pressure thus changing fuel mix...in worst case spark plugs burn hole into piston or your pistons simply melt down...all you need to do is just change so called "tuning" noisy end of exhaust system

• 1 month later...

I was sure that it will run lean after an exhaust change, which can only cause problems (i.e. more generated heat, higher wear, etc.).

Spending a few thousand on an exhaust and not having a few hundred pounds for a remap sounds to me like not the best idea. 

If it were me, I'd do both if I'm honest.