Which worn mount? sounds like banging on floor of car

silver50

I took my car in to garage last week mainly to investigate suspension knock but I also mentioned that if I stall the car or if it wheelspins (say pulling out at a junction on wet roads) something batters/knocks on to what sounds like the floor area, perhaps just over to passenger side.

They have said the top gearbox mount is worn and "lower tie bar arm/bush" Can anyone tell me which would be the likely culprit for what I describe.

I saw underneath the car a few weeks ago something that looks a bit like a big lower gearbox mount..

Can anyone advise me a bit please? Don't want to replace anything not necessary as it's a budget runabout and I will need bottom ball joint and a drop link too.

Thanks

Actually broken ARB plastic sleeves.  Fixable with new bushes and a couple of clamps.  Of course Skoda would say new 'Updated' ARB, Sub frame out £450+ as they do.  Not really economical on a 12 year old car. I am fed up with being one of  Vw's guinea pig's with part revisions's and will be using some simple Engineering to fix this rather that shelling out on updated bad designs.

Edited by RAPTURE
  • Like 1