1.8T oil pressure switch

I have an oil leak which appears to be coming from the oil pressure switch, so I'm going to replace it.

Can anyone tell me, do I have to drop the oil and/or filter to avoid a spillage or can I get away with a quick out with the old and in with the new?

Changed the pressure switch yesterday and there was no oil present after unscrewing from the filter housing.

Just for information you'll need a 24mm deep socket and there's enough space for a chunky impact socket if that's all you can source for the job (that means me)

Bit fiddly to get to but after unclipping the various electrical flexible conduits you should have enough space to get a ratchet/bar in there. 

• Like 1

Well done there, over the weekend I was making some much needed repairs to my oil filter take off as it was leaking a shed load of oil which I'm putting down to going cheapstake on a pattern part gasket from gsf. To get to this I removed my inlet manifold and also while in there started fitting a oil pressure sender for an additional gauge. I used the spare blanking plug. If you didn't have the inlet manifol off you did well too get in there with a wrench and the like. Here's a couple of photos of my work in progress. Needed to bend the bracket that holds the wiring loom to allow good access to my oil pressure sensor.

IMAG1439_zps8y0n6mfx.jpg

IMAG1440_zpstjt24gjv.jpg

Hi Lee thanks for pointing this out, my car is different to this, maybe it's the engine code? Mine isn't a vrs it's an older slxi with engine code AGU.

My sensor screws in from the right side at a right angle. It's still at the top level of the housing but doesn't screw in directly on top.

Nice and clean under your bonnet!

Looks like you have a new dipstick fitted? can you tell me if changing it is an easy job (the metal part that is splined into the block) as I have a new one sat waiting to be fitted here.