Park Assist and Memory seats/mirrors problems...might be me!

Hi, had my SIII almost two weeks now and we are getting to know each other nicely!

However, I am struggling with Park assist - I've read the manual but just don't seem to be able to get my head around the process for either parallel or normal reverse parking.

Also, I've followed the instructions for setting the memory seats/mirrors and tried to link to my Kessy key but to no avail....

Could someone give me an idiots guide to follow so that I don't go and make an idiot of myself when I take it back to the dealers and they show me in 5 seconds what I've spent two weeks trying to figure out!!!!

There are lots of Park assist videos on Youtube. Try this search link https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=skoda+superb+park+assist

Thanks, I did see a couple of vids on YouTube but they weren't very instructive in that you didn't see the process, these look much better thanks!

I still don't get the Kessy thing, as far as I know I have the top spec for this so it should work right??

The main key is black with chrome trim... The two others are all black.

Three keys? I only got two with mine (as was the case with the Superb II before that). Have you checked they all work? I had a Renault Laguna keyless (from new) and it was two years before I realised that the spare key they gave me, which I had never bothered using until the battery ran low on the main key, was coded for an entirely different car and didn't work (nor did the physical key fit the hidden lock).

• Like 1

I'm a certified idiot, so here's my rough guide to Park Assist...

Method 1 - Let the car find the space.

Drive slowly and press the Park Assist button. It will look for parallel parking spaces below 25 mph and additionally bay parking (transverse) spaces below 13 mph.

It looks for spaces on your left (UK). To force it to look for spaces on the right put the right-turn indicator on.

Make sure you're not too close or too far from the parked cars (between 0.5 to 1.5 metres).

Depending on your speed it will detect a viable space and the maxi dot shows which type of parking manoeuvre it thinks is most suitable. Stop the car. Repeated pressing of the Park Assist button will cycle through any other possible parking manoeuvres.

Once you've chosen the type of parking it's simply a case of following the maxi dot instructions (stop/forward/reverse) and let the steering do its own thing.

Don't exceed the speed for the type of parking space you're looking for or it will either disengage the search or abandon the parking manoeuvre.

Method 2 - Finding the space yourself.

The Park Assist sensors are always "looking" when driving below the relevant speeds, regardless of whether or not the Park Assist button is pressed.

This is handy if it's busy as you can drive along at a higher speed using the mark-1 eyeball to locate a parking space. When you see one then slow right down, pass it until your car is clear of the space and stop. Press Park Assist (repeatedly depending on the type of parking manoeuvre available) then follow the maxi dot instructions.

The parallel parking can get you into some pretty damn tight parking spaces. It worked for me in my Superb II when I arrived at a hotel in Düsseldorf only to find it was located on a very busy main road with only one small space out front that I would never have attempted myself. It took three moves for Park Assist to get the car in but then took me god knows how many moves to get it back out. At least the updated system on the Superb III has an escape function - select Park Assist, indicate to pull out, select Reverse, follow the maxi dot instructions.

As a word of caution for parallel parking, ensure the two parked vehicles are sensibly parked. It will try to align your car with the other two. If either of them have mounted the kerb or parked with their wheels tight against the kerb you risk damaging your wheels against the kerb stones.

• Like 1

Still a certified idiot, so here's my rough guide to key assignment...

(Assuming your memory seats are working correctly!)

Firstly check that it's enabled in the infotainment menu: Car > settings (cog) > Seats.

With ignition on, adjust the seat and mirrors to your desired positions.

On the driver seat press SET and release followed by keeping one of the three memory buttons held down until it beeps.

Now move the seat to a slightly different position (for some reason it won't always work unless you do that), turn ignition off, get out and lock the car.

Unlock the car again using the remote fob (do not use the door handle sensor to unlock it), open the door and press the relevant seat memory button until it reaches the correct position.

Press and hold the remote fob unlock button until you hear a beep.

The seat and mirror memory setting is now assigned to that key.

• Like 1

Firstly check that it's enabled in the infotainment menu: Car > settings (cog) > Seats.

On the driver seat press SET and release followed by keeping one of the three memory buttons held down until it beeps.

Now move the seat to a slightly different position (for some reason it won't always work unless you do that), turn ignition off, get out and lock the car.

Unlock the car again using the remote fob (do not use the door handle sensor to unlock it), open the door and press the relevant seat memory button until it reaches the correct position.

Brilliant - thank you for taking the time for all that, makes much more sense than the manual and I'll give it a crack later - cheers!

Whilst I'm sure this is correct - with our new one (no kessy and my17) all I did was go through the user account profile in the infotainment and set everything as I wanted it inc seat and unlock options and selected 'assign key to account' when I was done. it instructed me to press the unlock button on the key and bingo - that was it. Now when I open the car with my key... Radio, climate, lighting, assist systems, seat, mirrors etc presets are all as if I just left them even after my wife has been using the car and tuning into god awful radio stations and setting the climate control to temperatures similar to those that can be found on Mercury.

• Like 2

Whilst I'm sure this is correct - with our new one (no kessy and my17) all I did was go through the user account profile in the infotainment and set everything as I wanted it inc seat and unlock options and selected 'assign key to account' when I was done. it instructed me to press the unlock button on the key and bingo - that was it. Now when I open the car with my key... Radio, climate, lighting, assist systems, seat, mirrors etc presets are all as if I just left them even after my wife has been using the car and tuning into god awful radio stations and setting the climate control to temperatures similar to those that can be found on Mercury.

Definitely sounds like a MY17 update and an improvement on the MY16 way of doing it (waited to check my infotainment before confirming I hadn't inadvertently missed something).

Because the M in MIB is Modular it probably means this is a hardware update rather than a firmware update.

Edited by BillyJim

Definitely sounds like a MY17 update and an improvement on the MY16 way of doing it (waited to check my infotainment before confirming I hadn't inadvertently missed something).

Because the M in MIB is Modular it probably means this is a hardware update rather than a firmware update.

I just found it under user accounts and 'assign key to user accounts' having had read all the posts on here about the difficulties people had I thought to myself- 'is this it?!?'

Obviously before I had chosen to assign key to account I had mirrors, seat etc in position but I am not sure this matters much as I think it just memorises your last position under the user account.

Certainly happy to test this later if anybody wants confirmation as last time I used the car (wife uses it mainly) we had done a long trip and climate control was set to 24 on passenger and 18 on driver sides so I synced them at 18 and I will see if it remembers this setting when I use my key.

I'm liking this feature as I am 6ft 5 and my wife obviously is not but she equally always forgets to just shunt the seat back after she uses the BMW which has manual seats so before I can get in I need to move it back by hand. Then invariably the radio is set to rock festival ready decibels and tuned in to some ****e station that has adverts.

The superb, click to open... Open door and electricity and magic just does its thing.

She uses her key and she does not have to worry about being unable to reach the steering wheel and pedals.

Just to update , I have a 7 day old skoda which arrived from the factory with the inability to store the seat settings but everything else worked (movement etc).  I tried the suggestion noted in this forum but none worked.

Took it to the dealers today and advised them of the forum mentioning a software update/over write so they did this first and bingo.  Perfect.

As a result they have decided to implement this on PDI now as they were most displeased that I had a part that was not working.

I can honestly say I cannot fault but only praise them for their swift and professional help and courtesy.