Water stuck in rear doors

Hi!

Just bought a Skoda rapid, and is really happy about the driving experience, but after a summer of heavy rain, water seems to get stuck in both my rear doors. Searching the net, I have found that this is a common problem With the Rapids, owing to drain holes being Sealed off and. I am thinking of fixing this myself, but am a bit unsure where the holes are situated (I don't want to remove the rubber fitting and not being able to put it back again)

there is a modification to the rear door seals as they cover the drain holes in the bottom of the door or get clogged with rust protection wax, done under warranty (they make a small cut in the rubber door seal at a particular place)

back to dealer, with water sloshing in the rear doors

Edited by bluecar1

I have A SEAT Toledo which is just a year old and,unlike my previous Rapid,does not retain water in the rear doors.If yours is new I am surprised to hear this as the seals should have been modified to prevent this.To alleviate the problem just pull the door seals at the bottom of the door slightly inwards away from the outside of the door.You will be rewarded with a gratifying cascade of water.For a permanent cure you will need a pair of scissors to cut away a little bit of the seal immediately below the drainage holes.If you car is new ( as stated above) take it back to the dealer to get them to do it.

Hi!

Just bought a Skoda rapid, and is really happy about the driving experience, but after a summer of heavy rain, water seems to get stuck in both my rear doors. Searching the net, I have found that this is a common problem With the Rapids, owing to drain holes being Sealed off and. I am thinking of fixing this myself, but am a bit unsure where the holes are situated (I don't want to remove the rubber fitting and not being able to put it back again)

If you have just bought the car, I don't understand why you would not have the fix done under warranty by a dealer?

Everytime I wash the car I check the rubber seals at the base of doors, back and front doors. I just pull them away slightly, you'll get to know where the drain holes are as the rubber seal isn't quite fixed firmly at those points. It's at these points (two on each door bottom) that the water drains away, behind the rubber seal.

As said above you can modify it yourself but I left mine as is. All I did do was poke the drain holes out on each door to make sure they weren't blocked (cable tie will do) and wipe thoroughly with something like Autoglym vinyl and rubber treatment on all the rubber seals. Doing all this will ensure the seals won't stick or get blocked at the drainage point.

When I got my car new it did have a small amount of water in one door, about half a cup full but that was in a front door. Since I did the above no more water retained in any door, and I have tested it with a hose from time to time. 

Alternatively you can get the dealer to sort it for you, but it is an easy DIY fix.

BTW mine is the Toledo but it's the same re doors/seals etc as the Rapid model.

Edited by MickA