Bolero gapless playback

Is there any way to set the Bolero in my 64 plate GL3 to gapless playback. I've only got a few tracks which need this (recently on one of the Beatles hits albums) but it's really annoying when it happens.

I only found some very old threads on here hence the new question.

Oh I wish a knew. Being an art-rock/prog rock fan I desperately need this on a half of my albums. And yeah, the gap also ruins the transition between the 3rd movement and the finale of Sibelius' 2nd symphony making it a blasphemy to listen to it in the car. I believe it is somewhat problematic because I am actually not aware of ANY hardware player capable if that. (I am not saying there are not any, I just haven't seen one).

The only way to do it is at source when you rip the tracks. You can use a digital audio (DAW) such as Reaper, and edit out the standard two second gap. It then produces a single track that mimics the original, Note that you lose individual track names though.

Isn't it more a 'fault' of the way the tracks have been ripped and not the hardware?

I don't think so. Most players just finish playing a track, make a pause, load the next track and proceed with playing. The pause is way shorter than 2 seconds and it is caused "technologically" simply by opening the next file and buffering the first chunk of data. Quite often it is just a "click" or a small hiccup. It is very obvious in classical music where movements often blend into the next one.

Players which don't make the pause are those which are "aware" of the next track and buffer the initial piece of it before finishing the current track joining the pieces together. I remember an ancient plug-in for Winamp which did this. The counter would briefly show negative timings upon a track change as it was counting down towards the beginning of the next track already being pre-loaded.

Edited by pickard

You can also remove the gap if you rip a CD using iTunes. There's an option to join the tracks which does the job, I use it for audio plays and it works well.

As mentioned above, you will lose the individual track names though.

You can also remove the gap if you rip a CD using iTunes. There's an option to join the tracks which does the job, I use it for audio plays and it works well.

As mentioned above, you will lose the individual track names though.

The music was ripped from a CD using iTunes and plays back correctly in iTunes, iPod and our Sonos with no change. In all cases it's the exact same MP3s. It's ONLY the Bolero which gets it wrong.

iTunes and iPods have an option for gapless playback. I've never had a Sonos but I'd bet it has the same function. I don't think I've had an built-in or aftermarket head unit in a car that does gapless playback, so it's not just the Bolero. The Columbus in my Octavia wouldn't do it either.

I've tried a few different options to resolve the problem and found the join tracks option in iTunes to be effective and easy to use.